Windows 10: My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?

Discus and support My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My License key label is scratched.how can I get the key back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dharmarathna chirantha, Nov 12, 2023.

1. My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?

My License key label is scratched.how can I get the key back?

:)

Dharmarathna chirantha, Nov 12, 2023

2. Key Cap puller, scratching Key My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back? :(

Having worked tech support for more years than I care to mention, I am absolutely sure he did indeed "forward it immediately". Why? Because that moves that "ticket" out of his queue and off his desk and it is no longer his responsibility. And his job is to clear tickets out of his queue and off his desk.

Frankly, I don't see this being resolved in your favor. Those key caps did not break. Scratches may easily be considered "normal wear and tear". Did you have to remove the key caps? Probably not. Why didn't you stop after scratching the first key cap? You didn't notice? Why not? Weren't you paying attention to what you were doing? Just being the devil's advocate here - I am not blaming you so don't shoot the messenger. As I said above, I personally think any supplied key cap puller should be safe to use. That said, those scratches are just superficial and don't affect the performance in any way.

Have you tried to rub/polish the scratches out? I might suggest trying to with one key cap to see what happens. A trick/method I've been using very effectively for years to remove minor scratches from CDs and DVDs (and to polish out scratches from watch crystals and other items) is to take a small dab of toothpaste (plain white paste, not gel) and rub gently in circles with my thumb. You should feel warmth as the friction builds. You might try it on the backside of one key cap as a test site. It might take the shine off, or make it even shinier. But it might also just remove the scratch and make it look good as new.

Bill_Bright, Nov 12, 2023
  3. AsRock Win User
    Key Cap puller, scratching Key My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back? :(

Thats the kind i have, mine came with clear o rings at the time, but no scratches here, maybe the keycaps are really soft plastic ( maybe spray painted like some suggested). as @newtekie1 the metal black bar ones are much better.

AsRock, Nov 12, 2023
  4. My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?

Damaged Product Key on the Label

Hi,

I accidentally damaged product key on the label while I was trying to scratch off it. The product key became unreadable and is never used for activation. It is a system builder OEM Windows 10 Pro 64 bit license purchased in channel.

I wonder if Microsoft can replace it or recover the Product Key? If so, what’s the procedure?

Thank you.

yogesh1973, Nov 12, 2023
Thema:

My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?

1. My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back? - Similar Threads - license key label

2. i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key: i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-destroy-the-product-key-while-scratch-the/02137928-6a40-4851-96ae-d022a2784e39
  3. i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key: i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-destroy-the-product-key-while-scratch-the/02137928-6a40-4851-96ae-d022a2784e39
  4. i destroy the product key while scratch the product key how can i get the product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?

My license key label is scratched. How can I get the key back?: My License key label is scratched.how can I get the key back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-license-key-label-is-scratched-how-can-i-get/7a2ae9cb-130e-46e7-9dc8-b65d02d4cc1c
  6. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?: I have licensed windows life time free in my laptop. This I got as Free feature along while buying new laptop. I have not educated to collect product key of windows. Recently I need to change battery & service due to other issue they have uninstalled my licensed windows &...
  7. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?: I have licensed windows life time free in my laptop. This I got as Free feature along while buying new laptop. I have not educated to collect product key of windows. Recently I need to change battery & service due to other issue they have uninstalled my licensed windows &...
  8. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

9. Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?: Hello,I would like to know it is possible to get old window license key I think it will be retail or other in my laptop that I had used after I activated with OEM license key.With this OEM, window can't update andsome features will not work.So, I want to reactivate my window...
  10. How to get back to my original license key's OS?

How to get back to my original license key's OS?: How to get back to my original windows license key's OS? I by mistakenly used a non-genuine microsoft key & now, it's not activating. I also tried using the powershell command "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey". But the key it shows is saying that...