Windows 10: My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

Discus and support My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turned on my ASUS T100TAF, "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to Failed Attempts" error appeared. I entered my password, but a message appeared that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R _, Jul 16, 2024.

1. R _
    R _ Win User

My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

When I turned on my ASUS T100TAF, "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to Failed Attempts" error appeared. I entered my password, but a message appeared that this option is not available and then the screen went blank. I had recently disabled password to my hotmail account using my other laptop. So now when I turn on my ASUS T100TAF, the power button would flash but not power on. Thanks for your assistance.

:)

2. turning of passwords

Hello Mark,

To turn off the password requirement on your Windows 10 PC, you can switch to a local account. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Click on the Windows icon and then the Settings icon.
    2. Click on Accounts and then on Sign in with a local account instead.
    3. Enter your existing password and click OK.
    4. Enter your local username and leave the password fields empty.
    5. Click on Next and then on Sign out and finish.
    Alternatively, you can disable the password requirement by unchecking the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” option in netplwiz. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “netplwiz” and click OK.
    3. Uncheck the box next to “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Enter your username and password and click OK.
    Please note that disabling the password requirement may pose a security risk. If you decide to proceed, make sure to take other security measures to protect your device and data.

Hope this helps,

Fathia A

Fathia Abukar, Jul 16, 2024
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 16, 2024
  4. My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 16, 2024
Thema:

My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

1. My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to... - Similar Threads - laptop wouldn't turn

2. My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...: When I turned on my ASUS T100TAF, "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to Failed Attempts" error appeared. I entered my password, but a message appeared that this option is not available and then the screen went blank. I had recently disabled password to my hotmail account using my...
  3. My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop wouldn't turn on after entering password to "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to...: When I turned on my ASUS T100TAF, "Disabled Sign-in Options Due to Failed Attempts" error appeared. I entered my password, but a message appeared that this option is not available and then the screen went blank. I had recently disabled password to my hotmail account using my...
  4. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  5. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  6. My Windows 10 laptop is saying the sign in option is disabled due to failed sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows 10 laptop is saying the sign in option is disabled due to failed sign in...: Not sure why after 11 months the laptop has decided to disable the sign in process as I have not had. any issues with failed sign in's. Also shutting down the laptop was always the same previously. Now I am using my MAC to try and get an answer . Can anyone assist please....
  7. My Windows 10 laptop is saying the sign in option is disabled due to failed sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop is saying the sign in option is disabled due to failed sign in...: Not sure why after 11 months the laptop has decided to disable the sign in process as I have not had. any issues with failed sign in's. Also shutting down the laptop was always the same previously. Now I am using my MAC to try and get an answer . Can anyone assist please....
  8. My Windows 10 laptop is saying the sign in option is disabled due to failed sign in...

9. Locked out of my latop due to "sign in option is disabled ..."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my latop due to "sign in option is disabled ...": Suddenly I was confronted with a "sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns..." message on my latop. This affects both a child account and the administrator account on that device. The sign-in option set up and perfectly working up to...
  10. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...