Windows 10: My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

Discus and support My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I wanted to watch a movie on my laptop so I plugged in the DVD player and my laptop recognised that it was plugged in but stated it as an unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chxrryloves, Jul 9, 2024.

1. My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

So, I wanted to watch a movie on my laptop so I plugged in the DVD player and my laptop recognised that it was plugged in but stated it as an unknown device. I checked on the Bluetooth tab and it said 'Driver Unavailable' which was when I began to search for solutions. I went through control panel, did windows key + R and went through that and I troubleshooted, I tried adding it to my devices and restarting my computer but nothing is working, at all. When troubleshooted it recognised that it had no updated/no drivers and didn't go any further than that. Do I need to install them online? If so,

:)

chxrryloves, Jul 9, 2024
  2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Jul 9, 2024
  3. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Saeid. I'll be happy to help you out today.You can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue with your external DVD player:

Restart your computer and the external DVD player.

Check for any software updates for both your computer and the external DVD player.

Try connecting the external DVD player to a different USB port or to a different computer.

Ensure that the CD or DVD you are trying to use is not scratched or dirty.

Try using a different CD or DVD to see if the problem is with the media itself.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the external DVD player.

If possible, try a different external DVD player to see if the problem is with the device itself.

Contact the manufacturer of the external DVD player for further support.

SaeidAgheli, Jul 9, 2024
  4. DMJ777 Win User

My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

How can I connect an external (legacy) CD/DVD player to Windows 10 PC/laptop?

I've just been given a new non-branded external DVD/CD player that I can't get either of my W10 machines to recognise, either in File Explorer or Device Manager.

It's a new player, ordered on ebay I suspect from China, and came with a single page instructions for Windows 98 installation.

I've tried to use Add Legacy Hardware from Device Manager, but can't find a DVD/CD ROM hardware type in the list. Of course the player didn't come with any software.

Any thoughts?

DMJ777, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

1. My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what... - Similar Threads - laptop isn't recognising

2. My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...: So, I wanted to watch a movie on my laptop so I plugged in the DVD player and my laptop recognised that it was plugged in but stated it as an unknown device. I checked on the Bluetooth tab and it said 'Driver Unavailable' which was when I began to search for solutions. I went...
  3. My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop windows 10 isn't recognising my external CD/DVD player as any device at all, what...: So, I wanted to watch a movie on my laptop so I plugged in the DVD player and my laptop recognised that it was plugged in but stated it as an unknown device. I checked on the Bluetooth tab and it said 'Driver Unavailable' which was when I began to search for solutions. I went...
  4. open my Dell external CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open my Dell external CD/DVD player: I have one chapter of about 6,000 words on a file on a CD in my external Dell DVD/RW player. I want to copy it into an email to mail to a publisher I am using.My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. open my Dell external CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open my Dell external CD/DVD player: I have one chapter of about 6,000 words on a file on a CD in my external Dell DVD/RW player. I want to copy it into an email to mail to a publisher I am using.My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. open my Dell external CD/DVD player

7. my dvd/cd player

my dvd/cd player: why wont my Surface reconize my dvd/cd player and allow me to play dvd movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvdcd-player/b0510136-cc46-4f0c-8c2f-98023cce5cb4
  8. Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player: I just bought a new PC game and a movie, and neither one is recognized. Can't open them or manipulated any parts of the CD/DVDs. It keeps asking to insert the disc. I just used it a week ago on about a dozen or more CD/DVDs. Has there been an update from Microsoft? Could...
  9. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  10. Windows 10 - my dvd/cd drive is not recognised, at all

Windows 10 - my dvd/cd drive is not recognised, at all: Hi, It really isn't my day. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and previously my DVD/CD Drive was working perfectly. Now, nowhere on my PC, and I mean nowhere, is my DVD/CD drive recognised as existing. There is no DVD drive showing in Device Manager or in...