Windows 10: My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

Discus and support My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is showing 0% battery and I can't lock my device also. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UDAY K1, Aug 23, 2024.

1. UDAY K1 Win User

My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is showing 0% battery and I can't lock my device also. What should I do?

:)

UDAY K1, Aug 23, 2024

2. My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop location is off it show battery is 96 percent.. how can I find or lock my device now??

Hello fa21-bcs-236,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry for what happened. It looks like your laptop has been stolen and you want to track its location or lock it. It's frustrating. I will do my best to help you. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. If the device is powered on and connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, a wired Ethernet cable, or a cellular data connection, and you turned on the Location services and Find My Device, its location will update regularly.
    2. If the thief did not turn on the device or the find my device feature is not enabled, you will get those errors.
    3. If the device was formatted and the system reinstalled, you cannot locate it even when turned on and connected to the internet.

The best thing you can do is to report it to the local authorities and have them investigate where it was stolen, if there are CCTV nearby in that area that can help them to identify the thief who stole your device.

You can give to complain to the nearest police station in this regard and give the MAC address of the laptop. (laptop Wi-Fi address).

you can refer to those links:

Find and lock a lost Windows device - Microsoft Support

How to track stolen Surface Go Laptop - Microsoft Community

I hope all above is helpful for you.

Have a wonderful day ahead and hope you get your laptop back.

Best Regards,

Liam - MSFT, Aug 23, 2024
  3. How can I track the location of a stolen laptop, windows 10 installed on it?

Hello,

My Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series, N7537 laptop has been stolen (robed actually). I was searching a way to find it out. But, I am shocked that nothing could help me. Every solution was telling about a per-installed app. But, the thief will be formatting my
    hard-disk for sure, if he wants to use it. Is there any way to find the location of the Windows 10 Laptops? At least history. I can see, my laptop is listed in my device list of my Microsoft account.

Any sort of help to find the location of my laptop (at-least history of the location) is appreciated. Please don't suggest any Pre-installed software. You already know, I have no option to install it on my laptop.

Appreciate your help.

A. N. M. Nasimunnabi, Aug 23, 2024
  4. NellaLeah Win User

My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

Find Device - Stolen Laptop

My laptop was stolen and the find my device setting was turned on. When signing in online, it show the computer but it doesn't give me the option to select "find device". What do i do? I really want to find my laptop My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is... :(

NellaLeah, Aug 23, 2024
Thema:

1. My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is... - Similar Threads - laptop was stolen

2. My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...: My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is showing 0% battery and I can't lock my device also. What should I do?...
  3. My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop...: My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop location is off it show battery is 96 percent.. how can I find or lock my device now??...
  4. My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop...: My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop location is off it show battery is 96 percent.. how can I find or lock my device now??...
  5. My laptop is stolen it show on Microsoft find by device but can't locate because laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  7. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  8. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

9. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...