Windows 10: My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login

Discus and support My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,- My laptop will show the lock screen- But, instead of taking me to enter my PIN when i click enter- It instead takes me to a black screen, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T S K, Apr 8, 2023.

1. T S K Win User

My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login

Hi,- My laptop will show the lock screen- But, instead of taking me to enter my PIN when i click enter- It instead takes me to a black screen, but I can move the cursor- Then, after a while 30 seconds?, it will return to the lock screenI have no clue what to do - I did try the Win + Ctrl + Shift + B combination as well as the Ctrl + Alt + Delete combination but no response occurs if i do it once or hold it, and if i repeat it multiple times the screen goes to black again.I have checked out some methods to fix it but its virtually impossible for me to try them because i can't even get past th

:)

T S K, Apr 8, 2023
  2. Botanynut Win User

Screen goes black until login screen times out

I restarted my computer because it was running slowly, and when it restarted, I hit the space bar to go from my lockscreen to login to enter my password, but the screen goes black.

The cursor remains, and I can move it around, but I can't click anything.

When the login screen times out, it goes back to the lock screen and I can see that screen, and a brief second of the login screen. When I tried again to enter the login screen, the screen went black again, until the login timed out again.

I can't even try to restart in safe mode because I can't access the power options-- those are on the login screen where the screen is black and I can't interact.

Botanynut, Apr 8, 2023
  3. tommys851 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login

Hi All,

So I have a strange problem.

Specs:
    • HP 15s-fq1514na
    • windows 10 pro 1909

When I login to the laptop all is fine, when I lock my laptop pressing "win + L" the screen goes black.

When I remove the external monitor the laptop screen is flickering and when I restart the laptop all is fine. The issue seems to be only after I lock the laptop, any ideas?

tommys851, Apr 8, 2023
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Apr 8, 2023
Thema:

1. My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login: Hi,- My laptop will show the lock screen- But, instead of taking me to enter my PIN when i click enter- It instead takes me to a black screen, but I can move the cursor- Then, after a while 30 seconds?, it will return to the lock screenI have no clue what to do - I did try...
  3. My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen goes black every time i try to login: Hi,- My laptop will show the lock screen- But, instead of taking me to enter my PIN when i click enter- It instead takes me to a black screen, but I can move the cursor- Then, after a while 30 seconds?, it will return to the lock screenI have no clue what to do - I did try...
  4. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  5. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  6. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screen goes black after login.

Screen goes black after login.: What should I do? After login there is just a black screen. I can see my mouse pointer though.after I press alt+ctrl+del and open task manager and create a new task explorer it doesnt work.I can browse through all the files by using the browse option.This happened after an...
  8. Screen goes black after login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen goes black after login.: What should I do? After login there is just a black screen. I can see my mouse pointer though.after I press alt+ctrl+del and open task manager and create a new task explorer it doesnt work.I can browse through all the files by using the browse option.This happened after an...
  9. Black Screen On First Login Every Time.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On First Login Every Time.: I am using Windows 10 Home on Acer Predator Helios 300. Every time i turn on my laptop and login to the Admin user Account, i face a black screen without any icons or taskbar. I have to logout by using ctrl+alt+del and re login again, or run task manager and run new task to...
  10. screen goes black on login

in Windows 10 Support
    screen goes black on login: When I turn on my computer it logs into one of my two users, but when it does the screen goes black and nothing happens. It has been like this for 2-3 days now and I don't know what to do. Sorry for my bad english. 69803