Windows 10: My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...

Discus and support My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all I have an Intel Iris Xe integrated Graphics Card Next whenever i turn off the service in system configuration the disk stops being used at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Syed_EN, Sep 22, 2024 at 12:47 PM.

1. Syed_EN Win User

My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...

First of all I have an Intel Iris Xe integrated Graphics Card Next whenever i turn off the service in system configuration the disk stops being used at 100% percent and i can use my computer normally as far as i can tell i managed to turn off the Intel HD Control Panel Service before all the Services started if your wondering how i turned it off I would also like to know if i can safely turn it off permanently as i dont see any issues as of right now but i just want to be sure my main reason for asking is because i know that service runs the Integrated Graphics Card i useAlso im not 100%

:)

2. jiayou2 Win User

win10 laptop, showing 100 Percent Disk Usage

I have win10 laptop, showing 100 Percent Disk Usage, cannot find standard SATA controller, nor Superfetch as suggested on the website. How can I solve the problem?

3. Disk usage at 100%

If you're facing it with HDD, I suggest you to switch to SSD and see if it helps.

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 22, 2024 at 12:49 PM
  4. My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...

100% disk usage.

Summer has ended and my girlfriend booted her school laptop for the first time in months, only for it to be so unbearably slow that it took several minutes to log in. She handed it to me and said "fix it"... that was 3 days ago and now I am here to humbly
    ask the community what is going on with this GD laptop.

It boots and task manager reports 100%CPU usage, it then lags for several seconds and displays 100%disk usage with CPU usage bouncing between 30-60%.

If you leave it alone with task manager running it will eventually quiet down to a reasonable 0-5% disk usage, but doing ANYTHING causes it to bounce right back to 100%.

I have tried EVERYTHING.

• disable superfetch.
    • disable microsoft search.
    • disable updates and suggestive tips.
    • updated to the most current version of microsoft. (it hadn't been updated since 2018 when she bought it.)
    • reconfigured AHCI PCIE.
    • changed energy options.
    • disabled indexing.
    • reset the virtual memory.
    • ran disk defragment and disabled all scheduling.
    • updated all drivers.
    • deleted google chrome.
    • Disabled all services that weren't microsoft services and disabled all startup programs (clean boot).
    Still no change in the disk usage.

Its an HP Laptop model 15-bw0xx with Windows 10 home edition version 10.0.18362

after messing with it this long im considering replacing the HDD with an SSD but I fear that it wont fix the issue.

Thema:

My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...

1. My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel... - Similar Threads - laptop keeps using

2. My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps using 100% disk usage and crashing because of Intel HD Control Panel...: First of all I have an Intel Iris Xe integrated Graphics Card Next whenever i turn off the service in system configuration the disk stops being used at 100% percent and i can use my computer normally as far as i can tell i managed to turn off the Intel HD Control Panel...
  3. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stickVersion 1709 i try upgrade it to 1909 does not work My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they...
  4. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  5. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  6. Laptop at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop at 100% disk usage: I have a dell laptop that is about 5 years old that I have been using off and on for gaming on the go. Recently however the laptop will become slow as a slug and I am seeing 100% disk usage even when the computer sits idol and nothing is running. I am running windows version...
  7. 100% disk usage on HD except on safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage on HD except on safe mode: so i recently got a new pc and ive been having a 100% disk usage bug whenever i boot it up or just out of nowhere. I've already tried everything, like disabling superfetch, windows search, antimalware, doing a clean boot but nothing seems to work, except booting up into safe...
  8. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  9. New Laptop 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop 100% disk usage: Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive...
  10. Intel HD graphics Control Panel error ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD graphics Control Panel error ?: [img] [img] My Dell E6440 use win 10 pro error when open control panel graphics. How to fix this error ! Thanks 90229