Windows 10: My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.

Discus and support My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. It is charging but it's still spamming the notification. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Onni Honkonen, Jul 2, 2024 at 12:52 PM.

1. My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.

My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. It is charging but it's still spamming the notification. Help!

:)

Onni Honkonen, Jul 2, 2024 at 12:52 PM
  2. YakovL Win User

Windows 10: how to make "very low battery level" notification popup before hibernating like it was before?

My laptop with Win 10 used to behave in the following convenient manner:

1. at 10% of battery it notified about "low battery" state
    2. at 7% it notified about "very low battery" (*) state
    3. after some time, if the charging cable is not plugged in, it hibernated (probably once the level reached 5%)

so once it said about very low battery, I plugged in the cable and went on working.

After some Win update (1703 or later) steps 2 and 3 transformed into a much less helpful scenario: at 5% it sais about very low battery and hibernates at once, so that I can only a) start charging after the low level notification or b) trust my sense of time and start charging a certain period after which sometimes causes that unpleasant gap in workflow due to hibernation.

My question is this: how do I set things to return the old behaviour?

In advanced settings everything seems to be ok:

• very low level → hibernate
    • low level: 10%
    • critical level: 5%
    • low level: notification enabled, no other action
    • reserve battery level: 7%

(*) I'm translating back from Russian, so I'm not quite sure about exact terms to use.

My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. [​IMG]

3. desbest Win User
    Extending time between second low battery notification and hibernation

My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. 43119t-extending-time-between-second-low-battery-notification-hibernation-battery-report-extract.png
    The ratio is 0.63 However a new power plan was delivered to my computer, probably from Windows Update.
    My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. ween-second-low-battery-notification-hibernation-windows-unexpected-shutdown-reliability-monitor.png
    It was probably due to what happened on my 5th day of using my laptop, following an unexpected shutdown from 2 weeks ago, when the laptop was attempting to hibernate whilst it had ran completely out of battery before it had the chance to fully hibernate, in the midst of lots of programs running at the same time (as well as a 2.4GHz wireless mouse).
    My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. ime-between-second-low-battery-notification-hibernation-power-plans-my-acer-laptop-aspire-315-56.png
    The one on the right is what Windows Update gave me (within the last 2 days, most likely today). Before there was only one power plan. The only changes I had made was
    • Low battery level: 10% before and 15% after
    • Reserve battery level: 7% before and 10% after
    • Critical battery level: 5% before and after
    I'll switch from the high performance plan to the balanced plan, to see if that helps, after a few weeks. Update: 2 weeks later
    • Low battery level: 17% (+2)
    • Reserve battery level: 14% (+4)
    • Critical battery level: 7% after (+2)
    Update: Another 2 weeks later
    • Low battery level: 19% before (+2)
    • Reserve battery level: 15% (+1)
    • Critical battery level: 7% (no change)
    Update: Another 2 weeks later
    • Low battery level: 22% before (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 17% (+2)
    • Critical battery level: 7% (no change)
    Update: 1 week later (for when bluetooth is on)
    • Low battery level: 22% (no change)
    • Reserve battery level: 17% (no change)
    • Critical battery level: 9% (+2)
    Update: 1 week later
    • Low battery level: 27% (no change)
    • Reserve battery level: 15% (no change)
    • Critical battery level: 11% (+2)
    • Low battery level: 37% (no change)
    • Reserve battery level: 25% (no change)
    • Critical battery level: 11% (+2)
    My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. t-extending-time-between-second-low-battery-notification-hibernation-draining-battery-capacity-1.png
    22nd of January: 0.63 30th of April: 0.49 So it continually declines by approximately 0.14 every 4 months. The weird thing I've noticed is that the lower the current battery charge is, the faster the current charge gets depleted.
    • Low battery level: 40% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 28% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 14% (+3)
    Update: 1 month later in June
    • Low battery level: 46% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 34% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 20% (+3)
    Update: July
    • Low battery level: 49% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 34% (+0)
    • Critical battery level: 20% (+0)
    Update: July again
    • Low battery level: 52% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 37% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 23% (+3)
    Update: August
    • Low battery level: 55% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 40% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 26% (+3)
    Update: August again
    • Low battery level: 58% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 43% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 26% (+0)
    Update: August again even then
    • Low battery level: 61% (+3)
    • Reserve battery level: 46% (+3)
    • Critical battery level: 27% (+3)

4. My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.

low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 2, 2024 at 1:01 PM
Thema:

My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.

1. My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. - Similar Threads - laptop keeps saying

2. My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low.: My laptop keeps saying that the battery level is low. It is charging but it's still spamming the notification. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-saying-that-the-battery-level-is/8592b2e9-3f68-4912-a354-0b6a163ca726
  3. Low battery warning level change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery warning level change: How do I change the low battery warning on Windows for education from 10% to 20%. I do not have access to an administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-warning-level-change/b81160e8-0ad7-418b-83a0-38864c780aae
  4. Low battery warning level change

Low battery warning level change: How do I change the low battery warning on Windows for education from 10% to 20%. I do not have access to an administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-warning-level-change/b81160e8-0ad7-418b-83a0-38864c780aae
  5. My Computer always keeps my microphone level low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer always keeps my microphone level low: So this all started a few weeks ago, my microphone level started decreasing every time i would raise my voice. An app was taking control of my microphone so i disabled it. For a feew weeks, my microphone was really good and it worked perfectly untill today, when my pc decided...
  6. My Computer always keeps my microphone level low

My Computer always keeps my microphone level low: So this all started a few weeks ago, my microphone level started decreasing every time i would raise my voice. An app was taking control of my microphone so i disabled it. For a feew weeks, my microphone was really good and it worked perfectly untill today, when my pc decided...
  7. Windows saying locking on a low battery.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows saying locking on a low battery.: Hi, today I’ve been was just on my laptop, it is a Lenovo when it said “locking” and shut off. I could turn it back on but I noticed the charger wasn’t working. I got a new one and it started charging again. A few minutes ago however, it did the same thing again. The weird...
  8. Windows saying locking on a low battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying locking on a low battery.: Hi, today I’ve been was just on my laptop, it is a Lenovo when it said “locking” and shut off. I could turn it back on but I noticed the charger wasn’t working. I got a new one and it started charging again. A few minutes ago however, it did the same thing again. The weird...
  9. Windows saying locking on a low battery.

10. BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%

in Windows 10 Customization
    BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%: I just updated to the most current version of Windows 10. The battery level indicator says "255% available plugged in...but when I click on the icon, the pop up shows the battery 100% charged But, when I unplug the power adapter, the laptop shuts down immediately...so...