Windows 10: My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

Discus and support My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aether Blitz-Rangi, Feb 11, 2023.

1. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error

:)

Aether Blitz-Rangi, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Ravenas Win User

Boot menu question

Hey guys I'm trying to run windows repair on my computer by booting my computer from the vista CD, problem is the boot menu doesn't detect my USB keyboard. Are there any options in bios that will make the mobo detect my keyboard in boot menu? I don't have an analog keyboard on hand so this problem is quite annoying. *Bang Head :banghead:

Ravenas, Feb 11, 2023
  3. No boot menu.

I have one 140 gb partition on my HD with XP Pro and another with Vista Home Professional, XP being 32 bit, Vista 64 bit.

Not sure how relavent that is, but whenever I start up my comp, it goes straight to XP, which I most recently installed.

How could I set it up so I have a choice to get into Vista from a menu upon booting?

B1gg3stN00b, Feb 11, 2023
  4. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 11, 2023
Thema:

My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

1. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?... - Similar Threads - laptop keeps getting

2. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen: My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it has f1 enter recovery mode which doesn’t work or press ESC which just takes me to a blank screen what do I do from here...
  3. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen: My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it has f1 enter recovery mode which doesn’t work or press ESC which just takes me to a blank screen what do I do from here...
  4. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...: Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-getting-bsod-and-freezing-also/53f5d355-e0eb-4b41-940e-5caf8c131f61
  6. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...: Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-getting-bsod-and-freezing-also/53f5d355-e0eb-4b41-940e-5caf8c131f61
  7. Boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot menu: Hello. Please help me troubleshoot my lenovo laptop. This continuously appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-menu/7cdac74e-14fe-48a0-a020-1cc1365101b3
  8. Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Menu: I was working on an assignment for school, and I suddenly couldn’t interact with the Word tab anymore. I thought that the computer was just freezing or messed up, or something like that. I shut down the computer, then when I tried to turn it back on, the Windows Boot Menu...
  9. Freeze > BSOD > Trapped in boot menu (repeatedly)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze > BSOD > Trapped in boot menu (repeatedly): Nearly two weeks ago my computer had freezed, then I got "Unexpected store exception" blue screen, and then the laptop rebooted into Boot menu, where any of options (even exit) leads back to the same menu. Since then I've been for several times reloading it via long-pressing...
  10. Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.: Hi guys, This is my first post after activating my Account 5mins earlier, i've been actually searching for solutions on this forum as a guest but finally decided to open an account and ask you guys in the first place. First of all I'm not sure if the thread subject is in the...