Windows 10: My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...

Discus and support My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Laptop: Eluktronics MECH15-G3 - 3070 laptopProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usableProduct ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dreze, Sep 29, 2024 at 12:22 PM.

1. dreze Win User

My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...

Laptop: Eluktronics MECH15-G3 - 3070 laptopProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usableProduct ID 00325-82039-54448-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall :

:)

2. sygnus21 Win User

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

3. My laptop keeps black screening

My laptop crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.

The crash just comes randomly and my laptop becomes black screen. Sometimes it restarts on its own and sometimes it doesnt. I have searched solutions like reinstalling graphic driver but it hasnt worked for me.

My laptop is Asus TUF Gaming A17 (used for around 2.5 years)

minidump zip Microsoft OneDrive

4. My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...

DX12 crashing games!

Can't launch BF2042 since they lock game DX12, it's always crash!

И по усский пожалуйста! 100500 руководств, и ни одно применить не могу, так-как все настройки, что надо найти_и_открыть по другому называются. Я попросту не понимаю, что искать!!!

Виктор Волков Игоревич, Sep 29, 2024 at 12:25 PM
Thema:

My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...

1. My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12... - Similar Threads - laptop keeps crashing

2. My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps crashing after running games for a few minutes with a black screen and DX12...: Laptop: Eluktronics MECH15-G3 - 3070 laptopProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usableProduct ID 00325-82039-54448-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available...
  3. My computer will not run dx12 games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not run dx12 games.: As stated in the title I've had numerous issues with dx12 games recently but after the Intel bios updates for the i9-14900kf I can't seem to get dx12 games to run. I've tried everything I can think of or found to try in forums and nothing seems to work. As soon as I launch...
  4. PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming

PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming: I have a gaming pc for about a year now. Since the past few months i have been facing issues when playing games. Depending on the game, usually after 15-30mins the pc freezes and sometimes it gives a weird looking BSOD. This happens with almost every game. One weird thing...
  5. PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming: I have a gaming pc for about a year now. Since the past few months i have been facing issues when playing games. Depending on the game, usually after 15-30mins the pc freezes and sometimes it gives a weird looking BSOD. This happens with almost every game. One weird thing...
  6. Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.: This started this morning. It turns on and works fine but after a few minutes the screen freezes sometimes parts becomes distorted and then goes black. It doesn't shut off it just goes black. It gave me a stop code. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. Does anyone know what that means?....
  7. Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.

Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.: This started this morning. It turns on and works fine but after a few minutes the screen freezes sometimes parts becomes distorted and then goes black. It doesn't shut off it just goes black. It gave me a stop code. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. Does anyone know what that means?....
  8. DX12 crashing games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DX12 crashing games!: Can't launch BF2042 since they lock game DX12, it's always crash!И по Русский пожалуйста! 100500 руководств, и ни одно применить не могу, так-как все настройки, что надо найти_и_открыть по другому называются. Я попросту не понимаю, что искать!!!...
  9. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  10. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...