Windows 10: My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

Discus and support My laptop is slow as hell after disk check in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I will tell everything from the beginningSo I got an old laptop HDD, I want to use it as an external drive so I bought an enclosure. then I borrowed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Virya Wira, Oct 18, 2024 at 6:17 AM.

1. My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

I will tell everything from the beginningSo I got an old laptop HDD, I want to use it as an external drive so I bought an enclosure. then I borrowed my dad's laptop. After that I formatted the HDD using diskpart command. i played some games while the drive is formatting until my battery is low enough to trigger "low battery" notification. the last time I checked the drive was 93% formatted. after that my laptop shuts down instantly, then i plug in AC Adapter and try to turn the laptop back on. The laptop turns back on but everything seems to run so slow. then i look at CMD, the progress is 100

:)

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Oct 18, 2024 at 6:26 AM
  3. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

Hi Mara May,

Thank you for your assistance, I have had to type this in WORD and copy paste into the thread here due to all things through Chrome and Edge are so slow.

• Windows is always up to date with all updates.
    • Norton Utilities is also up to date
    • I have already done the following:
      • Tested HDD with HP Startup Menu and disk is 100% in order
      • Carried out SFC scan and corrupt files repaired
      • Did a DSIM restore health and no issues found-Disk utilisation is now generally below 50%
      • When using Chrome browser, to access this chat for example, its very slow with Disk utilisation at 10% or so but Memory at 55% with Chrome using most of it always.
      • So the problem is partially resolved except for when using Chrome
      • With Edge the memory goes up to 62% and HDD 100%
      • Did you suggested :Methods” 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
    • I have not done a “clean boot” as it scares me at this stage.
    It seems to be an issue between Chrome/Edge browsers as when I use Office 365’s Outlook, Word etc, the speed is now OK. Also the Disk utilisation seems to be generally acceptable but memory high that may be slowing the laptop down?

I have had issues with Teams simultaneously in that it’s so slow but with Zoom its normal, coincidence?

I look forward to your further suggestions.

Regards

BenoitLe Roy, Oct 18, 2024 at 6:26 AM
  4. My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Oct 18, 2024 at 6:26 AM
Thema:

My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

1. My laptop is slow as hell after disk check - Similar Threads - laptop slow hell

2. My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is slow as hell after disk check: I will tell everything from the beginningSo I got an old laptop HDD, I want to use it as an external drive so I bought an enclosure. then I borrowed my dad's laptop. After that I formatted the HDD using diskpart command. i played some games while the drive is formatting until...
  3. My laptop is slow as hell after disk check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is slow as hell after disk check: I will tell everything from the beginningSo I got an old laptop HDD, I want to use it as an external drive so I bought an enclosure. then I borrowed my dad's laptop. After that I formatted the HDD using diskpart command. i played some games while the drive is formatting until...
  4. Laptop stuck in checking disk error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop stuck in checking disk error: It has been stuck for more than half a day, I tried restarting from bios but it gave me an error, is my hdd destroyed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-in-checking-disk-error/7dd61a81-a0be-4bc6-82ca-502184b4c90b
  5. Laptop stuck in checking disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in checking disk error: It has been stuck for more than half a day, I tried restarting from bios but it gave me an error, is my hdd destroyed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-in-checking-disk-error/7dd61a81-a0be-4bc6-82ca-502184b4c90b
  6. Laptop stuck in checking disk error

7. blue screen and check disk after moving laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen and check disk after moving laptop: i cleaned my room and moved my desk and laptop Asus Tuf Gaming F15 then i got blue screen and a check disk , why ?everything seems to be normal for now but i scared as i saw the blue screendmp file :https://www.mediafire.com/file/h5i2zzow70lnxaj/080224-29328-01.zip/file...
  8. blue screen and check disk after moving laptop

blue screen and check disk after moving laptop: i cleaned my room and moved my desk and laptop Asus Tuf Gaming F15 then i got blue screen and a check disk , why ?everything seems to be normal for now but i scared as i saw the blue screendmp file :https://www.mediafire.com/file/h5i2zzow70lnxaj/080224-29328-01.zip/file...
  9. 100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?: I refently drppped my laptop on my carpet floor while it was running, and it seemed fine at first, but then it gave me a memory error and gave me all sorts of issues which I sorted out using chkdsk and allowing the laptop to basically fix itself, but now it is reporting 100%...
  10. **** **** **** WHY WINFUCK 10 SLOW **** HELL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    **** **** **** WHY WINFUCK 10 SLOW **** HELL: **** **** **** THIS **** WINDOWS **** SHITDOWS 10 IS SLOW,NO **** DRIVER INCLUDED AND IT **** BSOD TWENTY FIVE HOUR OUT OF 7 DAYS,**** HELL MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 IS MUCH BETTER AND WHY WINDOWS 10 IS A PIECE OF ****,IT JUST BAD,UNSTABLE.ANDROID IS BETTER THEN WINFUCK 10 ****...