Windows 10: My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11

Discus and support My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop had installed some updates on Windows 11, i had selected update and shut down, now after starting my laptop it shows a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Linda M 917, Sep 20, 2024 at 7:52 AM.

1. My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11

Hi, my laptop had installed some updates on Windows 11, i had selected update and shut down, now after starting my laptop it shows a black screen. Kindly help on how to sort this out?

:)

2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

3. Black Screen During Driver Update My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11 :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

4. Peer_Sam Win User

My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Thema:

My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11

1. My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11 - Similar Threads - laptop showing Black

2. My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is showing a Black screen after some updates on windows 11: Hi, my laptop had installed some updates on Windows 11, i had selected update and shut down, now after starting my laptop it shows a black screen. Kindly help on how to sort this out?...
  3. Black screen after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after windows 11 update: I updated to windows 11 and afterwards my screen would go black after getting past the bios. After trying multiple things like ctrl+windows+shift+b, crtl+l, and trying to interrupt the windows boot 3x to get into safe mode i was finally able to make it into windows by...
  4. Black screen after windows 11 update

Black screen after windows 11 update: I updated to windows 11 and afterwards my screen would go black after getting past the bios. After trying multiple things like ctrl+windows+shift+b, crtl+l, and trying to interrupt the windows boot 3x to get into safe mode i was finally able to make it into windows by...
  5. Black screen after windows 11 update.

Black screen after windows 11 update.: Just downloaded Windows 11 latest update and now I have a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-windows-11-update/8f35c81c-5557-4106-aa6b-495b1c36cfd5
  6. Black screen after windows 11 update

Black screen after windows 11 update: The screen went blank as it was updating. The next day it’s still black. The system restore screen only sometimes appears when I unplug it from the power source and plug it back. Restarting doesn't help and windows key ctrl shift b doesn’t work. I tried startup repair and the...
  7. Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after updating to Windows 11: Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading it started installing. Just after installing I restarted my laptop and after restarting the laptop it firstly showed...
  8. Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

Black Screen after updating to Windows 11: Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading it started installing. Just after installing I restarted my laptop and after restarting the laptop it firstly showed...
  9. Laptop screen black after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop screen black after update: So I was updating windows from 1903 to 20H2 I deleted a bunch of file due to storage then waited a long time then after I turned on my laptop the screen was black the power button shows it on but wont display anything Did I delete something that windows needed? I don't...
  10. Laptop showing a black screen after sign-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop showing a black screen after sign-in: Lately, my laptop is starting to show a black screen after sign in and a short blink of some "Console window Host" which can't be seen properly.Now every time after i sign in i have to (press ctrl+shift+Esc and) start task manager->File->Run New Task->explorer.exe to get...