Windows 10: My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

Discus and support My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've read different topic on this and my laptop is always opening itself with a wrong time zone. I've check the settings and they are all on automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PolarBear58, Dec 1, 2023.

1. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

I've read different topic on this and my laptop is always opening itself with a wrong time zone. I've check the settings and they are all on automatic even daylight saving time, I'm on the eastern US seaboard and my clocks sets itself on the US West coast, 3 hours difference. It seems the only way I can have the correct time is by having a manual setting of the time. I've reset my laptop several time still doesn't make a difference, I even set my wifi delivery through my phone to change the server and my laptop still set itself on the US west coast time zone??? What am I missing here???

:)

PolarBear58, Dec 1, 2023
  2. ThePukas Win User

"Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

I did these steps and upon turning on "set time zone automatically" it still sets the wrong time zone.

ThePukas, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 1, 2023
  4. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

my computer periodically resets its time to a the wrong time zone, always the same

Hi Richard,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's time zone settings can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect time and time zone settings, corrupted system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

1. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone - Similar Threads - laptop picking wrong

2. Laptop showing wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop showing wrong time zone: My laptop is showing the wrong time zone. The time zone here is Eastern Time US & Canada, but my laptop shows Central Time US & Canada. I changed the time zone to Eastern Time US & Canada, but when I turn on Set time zone automatically, it reverts back to the default setting....
  3. Laptop showing wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop showing wrong time zone: My laptop is showing the wrong time zone. The time zone here is Eastern Time US & Canada, but my laptop shows Central Time US & Canada. I changed the time zone to Eastern Time US & Canada, but when I turn on Set time zone automatically, it reverts back to the default setting....
  4. Why is my default time zone wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my default time zone wrong?: My region is already set to the Philippines based on my settings but when turning on the Set time zone automatically it sets it to the time zone of berlin....
  5. My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is picking up a wrong time zone: I've read different topic on this and my laptop is always opening itself with a wrong time zone. I've check the settings and they are all on automatic even daylight saving time, I'm on the eastern US seaboard and my clocks sets itself on the US West coast, 3 hours difference....
  6. Wrong 'Time Zone'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  7. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  8. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  9. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...