Windows 10: my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

Discus and support my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RonaldMaluleke, Jan 6, 2022.

1. my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

:)

RonaldMaluleke, Jan 6, 2022

2. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Windows 8, full or upgrade required?

You might be able to install the Windows 7 you own without activating it, and "upgrade" to Windows 8 Pro from that installation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Windows upgrades only check for the existence of an OS to upgrade from and not whether it is activated or not.

Jstn7477, Jan 6, 2022
  4. tigger Win User

my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

1. my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - laptop cant able

2. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  3. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  7. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  8. my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro: my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-able-to-activate-the-windows/8e7a7375-6c1b-4cd9-95f7-3fb055762dfb
  9. my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro: my laptop cant able to activate the windows upgrade from windows 8 pro windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-able-to-activate-the-windows/8e7a7375-6c1b-4cd9-95f7-3fb055762dfb
  10. Cant able to activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant able to activate windows 10 pro: Dear Sir, Bellow massage are shown all time at bottom right in my laptop screen when I am going to activate it shows error massage like bellow then tried with Troubleshoot bottom but problem remain unresolved. My device info shows: Edition: Windows 10 pro...