Windows 10: My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

Discus and support My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HowardLippin, Jan 14, 2024.

1. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen and is completely unresponsive. The screen is the "normal" Windows full-screen photo. There is a power indicator in the lower right, and next to it is the network icon only it has an "x" in it. There is no cursor, the keyboard does not work, the mouse does not work, not even ctrl-alt-del works. Nothing works except to hold

:)

HowardLippin, Jan 14, 2024

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 14, 2024
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 14, 2024
  4. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 14, 2024
Thema:

My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

1. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time - Similar Threads - laptop boots nonresponsive

2. Laptop boots normally half the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop boots normally half the time: My HP Inspiron laptop boots normally half the time. The other half the time it boots to the Windows sign in screen, but the keyboard does not work. I can use the mouse; I can click on the accessibility icon and the shutdown icon. The network icon shows "No Networks". When I...
  3. Laptop boots normally half the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop boots normally half the time: My HP Inspiron laptop boots normally half the time. The other half the time it boots to the Windows sign in screen, but the keyboard does not work. I can use the mouse; I can click on the accessibility icon and the shutdown icon. The network icon shows "No Networks". When I...
  4. Laptop boots normally half the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Half of my laptop screen are glitched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my laptop screen are glitched: I dont know what were the cause of it but when i opened my laptop half of the screen frozen except 1/4 top of it, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/half-of-my-laptop-screen-are-glitched/d0f4d459-bd84-4d19-8d5f-a469b7719339
  6. Half of my laptop screen are glitched

Half of my laptop screen are glitched: I dont know what were the cause of it but when i opened my laptop half of the screen frozen except 1/4 top of it, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/half-of-my-laptop-screen-are-glitched/d0f4d459-bd84-4d19-8d5f-a469b7719339
  7. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  8. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  9. Windows will not boot up normally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not boot up normally: Today I restarted my pc I had not installed anything new or had an update at time of restart but it would not boot up. It gave me the blue screen stop code 0xc000021a then went through the windows automatic repair that did not resolve it.I tried restarting and "continue to...
  10. Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?: This started happening a few months ago, but basically the top portion of my mousepad (everything above the spots you can click) will randomly become unresponsive, so that only the bottom part works. I found that if I put the laptop to sleep and turn back on it will usually...