Windows 10: My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?

Discus and support My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Razer Blade 15 2020 Edition laptop battery is draining even when plugged in. I am not using any intensive software. Only an internet browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TnaEvar, May 5, 2023.

1. TnaEvar Win User

My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?

My Razer Blade 15 2020 Edition laptop battery is draining even when plugged in. I am not using any intensive software. Only an internet browser and discord. I want to know if the issue is with my laptop's battery or the power adapter. I have attached the most recent battery report. I don't think my power socket is causing the issue since I have tried multiple power sockets and am facing the same issue.

:)

TnaEvar, May 5, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Will leaving a laptop plugged in kill the battery?

I have a laptop (Compaq/HP Pesario C500) and I am running WCG on it. The battery can drain quite quickly, so I would like to leave it plugged in so it can crunch while I'm not there to attend to it. I was wondering if leaving it plugged in would kill the battery? Deminish it's ability to hold a charge? Maybe even cause problems like fire like the sony batteries did?

3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

the battery is getting drained

Have you run the Battery report yet?

Denis

Try3, May 5, 2023
Thema:

1. My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do? - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery draining

2. My laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. How do I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. How do I resolve this?: Recently my laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. I turn it on and there is no battery life. Something has changed in the latest software update as this has never happened before. How do I resolve this please?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. My laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. How do I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. How do I resolve this?: Recently my laptop battery is draining even when my laptop is switched off. I turn it on and there is no battery life. Something has changed in the latest software update as this has never happened before. How do I resolve this please?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?

My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?: My Razer Blade 15 2020 Edition laptop battery is draining even when plugged in. I am not using any intensive software. Only an internet browser and discord. I want to know if the issue is with my laptop's battery or the power adapter. I have attached the most recent battery...
  5. My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Battery is draining even when plugged in. What do I do?: My Razer Blade 15 2020 Edition laptop battery is draining even when plugged in. I am not using any intensive software. Only an internet browser and discord. I want to know if the issue is with my laptop's battery or the power adapter. I have attached the most recent battery...
  6. My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown: So, my laptop drains its battery while its completely shut off. I say completely shut off because i disabled fast startup. I have only had this laptop for 5 months and idk what is happening. My battery config is balanced mode in the app MyAsus. It basically just limits my...
  7. My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown

My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown: So, my laptop drains its battery while its completely shut off. I say completely shut off because i disabled fast startup. I have only had this laptop for 5 months and idk what is happening. My battery config is balanced mode in the app MyAsus. It basically just limits my...
  8. windows 10 Asus laptop battery drains even plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 Asus laptop battery drains even plugged in: Asus laptops have a battery software manager that can stop charging at 60 or 80 when the charging cable is plugged in, and yesterday I set it to 80 and then changed it to 60, but it's discharging. I haven't faced such a problem before any help is highly appreciated....
  9. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  10. Battery draining when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...