Windows 10: My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

Discus and support My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help with my keyboard, touchpad and mouse they just stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elizabeth Chauke, Dec 24, 2023.

1. My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

Please help with my keyboard, touchpad and mouse they just stopped working

:)

Elizabeth Chauke, Dec 24, 2023

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 24, 2023
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Mouse and keyboard won't work after bios

Hi,

One possible reason that your mouse and keyboard is not working is due to an outdated or corrupted drivers. Since you've recently made an update, there might be drivers that are having compatibility issues
    that needs to be addressed.

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists,
    follow the troubleshooting steps provided in Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Dec 24, 2023
  4. Ticked Win User

My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Dec 24, 2023
Thema:

My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

1. My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do - Similar Threads - keyboard touchpad mouse

2. my mouse touchpad is not working what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse touchpad is not working what to do.: MY LAPTOP'S MOUSE TOUCHPAD IS NOT WORKING AND THE CURSOR IS NOT VISIBLE. I HAVE TRIED MANY POSSSIBILITIES THROUGH YOUTUBE BUT IS NOT WORKING WHAT SHOULD I DO SO THAT THE MOUSE CURSOR WILL WORK AGAIN....
  3. my mouse touchpad is not working what to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse touchpad is not working what to do.: MY LAPTOP'S MOUSE TOUCHPAD IS NOT WORKING AND THE CURSOR IS NOT VISIBLE. I HAVE TRIED MANY POSSSIBILITIES THROUGH YOUTUBE BUT IS NOT WORKING WHAT SHOULD I DO SO THAT THE MOUSE CURSOR WILL WORK AGAIN....
  4. What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...

What should I do when my pc is stuck on the windows screen, and the mouse, keyboard, and...: I have tried many times to restart the pc and it didn't work. I tried the mouse and keyboard on another pc and it worked just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-when-my-pc-is-stuck-on-the/86619952-aa12-4a14-a5e6-a3de7f195796
  5. My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard ,touchpad and mouse are not working what should I do: Please help with my keyboard, touchpad and mouse they just stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-touchpad-and-mouse-are-not-working/8be75d3d-de3f-4bae-8450-6ce26883a0c6
  6. My drives do not work, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drives do not work, what should I do?: Hey Guys, I have 2 external drives , 1 hard drive, 1 ssd, they both work when connected to my laptop, but not when to my main pc. Please help. In device manager, it shows Code 43. What should I do?...
  7. My drives do not work, what should I do?

My drives do not work, what should I do?: Hey Guys, I have 2 external drives , 1 hard drive, 1 ssd, they both work when connected to my laptop, but not when to my main pc. Please help. In device manager, it shows Code 43. What should I do?...
  8. My drives do not work, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. my keyboard isn't responding what should i do?

my keyboard isn't responding what should i do?: i did everything through device manager but in vain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-isnt-responding-what-should-i-do/c4a82ca6-d767-4d9a-8fec-26976a810be5
  10. My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?

My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?: What do I do because I need to know ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-keyboard-and-mouse-is-not-working-what-do-i-do/85e44515-f169-472e-a887-c513e6651225