Windows 10: My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

Discus and support My keyboard alt and windows key has switched in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have done all the ways I’ve been told from Fa + S/A/space bar yet they still don’t work and I also tried doing it from device manager, I don’t know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mattias Vaccaro, Feb 20, 2023.

1. My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

I have done all the ways I’ve been told from Fa + S/A/space bar yet they still don’t work and I also tried doing it from device manager, I don’t know if it’s because I got a wired keyboard but please help

:)

Mattias Vaccaro, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Start and Alt keys have switched function on external keyboard

Hi there,

I'm running bootcamp on my Mac and using a Logitech K850 keyboard. This morning I noticed that the Start and Alt keys have switched functions. I'm trying to use excel and it is terribly frustrating when using shortcuts. I would love any suggestions to fix.

Thanks,

Wilson

Wilson.LikeTheVolleyBall, Feb 20, 2023
  4. My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with Alt key shortcuts and
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?
    • How many keyboard layouts are installed on the PC?
    • Which application you are facing this issue?
    • Did you check if the Alt key is working in on-screen keyboard?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot keyboard.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Select Updates & Security. Click on
      Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll the list and select Keyboard.
    4. Click on Run the Troubleshooter.
    5. Follow the on screen steps.

Method 2:
    Update the Keyboard driver.

Please update the Keyboard driver from the device manager, refer this article to update or reinstall the driver:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

1. My keyboard alt and windows key has switched - Similar Threads - keyboard alt key

2. My keyboard keys are switched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keys are switched: Hello, I lent my brother my laptop and he pressed something on the keyboard I have attached to the laptop, the problem is that when I press alt + f4 or alt + tab it shows me that I can create a new desktop, and when I press alt + f4 so nothing happens, I found that when I...
  3. My keyboard keys are switched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keys are switched: Hello, I lent my brother my laptop and he pressed something on the keyboard I have attached to the laptop, the problem is that when I press alt + f4 or alt + tab it shows me that I can create a new desktop, and when I press alt + f4 so nothing happens, I found that when I...
  4. Windows and Alt keys switched for some reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and Alt keys switched for some reason.: Hi, I have a problem with my keyboard or Windows itself. When I press the Windows key, it acts like the Alt key. However, when I press the Alt key, it acts like the Windows key and opens the Windows menu on the left. I'll be waiting for a response....
  5. Windows and Alt keys switched for some reason.

Windows and Alt keys switched for some reason.: Hi, I have a problem with my keyboard or Windows itself. When I press the Windows key, it acts like the Alt key. However, when I press the Alt key, it acts like the Windows key and opens the Windows menu on the left. I'll be waiting for a response....
  6. My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

My keyboard alt and windows key has switched: I have done all the ways I’ve been told from Fa + S/A/space bar yet they still don’t work and I also tried doing it from device manager, I don’t know if it’s because I got a wired keyboard but please help...
  7. My keyboard alt and windows key has switched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard alt and windows key has switched: I have done all the ways I’ve been told from Fa + S/A/space bar yet they still don’t work and I also tried doing it from device manager, I don’t know if it’s because I got a wired keyboard but please help...
  8. Alt and Windows keys have switched

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt and Windows keys have switched: So whenever I hit my alt key, the start menu opens. and whenever my windows key is pressed it acts like alt (alt+tab for example). My keyboard did not previously do this for the past month that I have owned it and it just started two days ago. I haven't found out how this has...
  9. Start and Alt keys have switched function on external keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start and Alt keys have switched function on external keyboard: Hi there, I'm running bootcamp on my Mac and using a Logitech K850 keyboard. This morning I noticed that the Start and Alt keys have switched functions. I'm trying to use excel and it is terribly frustrating when using shortcuts. I would love any suggestions to fix....
  10. Keyboard keys switched

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keyboard keys switched: After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default...