Windows 10: My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

Discus and support My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this issue persistently for years. When I am at school on ethernet it goes away. When I am at home for school breaks it happens frequently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Wirpel, May 28, 2024.

1. My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

I have had this issue persistently for years. When I am at school on ethernet it goes away. When I am at home for school breaks it happens frequently. Wether I use the WiFi on the motherboard or I use an ethernet cord to connect to my eero. I have a Windows 10 PC with an ASUS Z370-G WiFi. I have read and tried many solutions on different forums. I have replaced my Realtek 8822BE that comes stock on my motherboard with an Intel 9260 as this forum suggests https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/asus-software/rog-strix-z370-g-gaming-wifi-pc-wifi-problems/td-p/882973 . I have tried changing the device

:)

George Wirpel, May 28, 2024

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell (Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770) with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:

One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly disconnects, I go to Device Manager, and notice the Realtek Network Adapter has totally disappeared from the list (with no option to reenable, even after finding it in Hidden devices).

I have to go through these two steps in this order to bring back internet.

1. Restart Computer
    2. and then Restart Modem Router. ( I do restart modem by unplugging/plugging back in).
    If the ethernet disconnects, Restarting the Modem won't work. Neither will Restarting Computer work. It has two be those two steps above in that specific order. I'm curious if having this resolution path, to understand why ethernet adapter disappears. If you can help target or specify why its occurring?

Already attempted this: and the problem still continues

1. Updated Dell Drivers
    2. Windows Update
    3. Network Adapter Troubleshooter
      My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. [​IMG]

4. (a) Network Reset and (b) tried manually uninstalling/reinstalling network drivers separately
      My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. [​IMG]

5. Tried manually downloading the software drivers at Realtek website Oops!
    6. Replace cable just in case, but the other computer in home does not have internet randomly disconnect
    7. Tried:
    1. Disable these three in Device Manager: (a) Energy Efficient Internet (b) Green Ethernet (c) Wake on Magic Packet
    I use the modem with another computer, and no issues whatsoever, until I got a new computer.

Note: this is different from previous question, since its looking at a problem/diagnosis path, rather power management settings.

MarkSmith201, May 28, 2024
  3. JWB2020 Win User
    My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet

My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. I've been looking for a solution for a few days to no avail. This is
    definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. Answers blaming it on my internet is incorrect as it only happens to my computer and not our TV Streming/other computers in the household/Tablets. I have tried
    Troubleshoot network problems etc. This all only started after a Microsoft Windows Update that i completed on 7/28/2020 (just a few days ago). Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

JWB2020, May 28, 2024
  4. McSweg Win User

My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. 152863d1505171620t-internet-randomly-stops-working-pc-works-fine-other-devices-image.png

My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. 152864d1505172073t-internet-randomly-stops-working-pc-works-fine-other-devices-image.png

Also, I did the chkdsk C: /F /R but it didn't do anything.

It got stuck at 21% every single time and when ever I restart my PC it constantly starts scanning. Not sure how to stop it.

McSweg, May 28, 2024
Thema:

My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

1. My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device. - Similar Threads - internet disconnect randomly

2. Why is my internet randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet randomly disconnecting.: Roughly every 30 to 40 minutes my Windows 11 laptop disconnects from the internet completely my device says no internet and it says no available networks when I try to connect again and I have tried turning Wi-Fi on and off and airplane mode is off and I have no Bluetooth...
  3. Why is my internet randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my internet randomly disconnecting.: Roughly every 30 to 40 minutes my Windows 11 laptop disconnects from the internet completely my device says no internet and it says no available networks when I try to connect again and I have tried turning Wi-Fi on and off and airplane mode is off and I have no Bluetooth...
  4. My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.: I have had this issue persistently for years. When I am at school on ethernet it goes away. When I am at home for school breaks it happens frequently. Wether I use the WiFi on the motherboard or I use an ethernet cord to connect to my eero. I have a Windows 10 PC with an ASUS...
  5. My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet on my PC will disconnect randomly and only on this device.: I have had this issue persistently for years. When I am at school on ethernet it goes away. When I am at home for school breaks it happens frequently. Wether I use the WiFi on the motherboard or I use an ethernet cord to connect to my eero. I have a Windows 10 PC with an ASUS...
  6. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  7. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  8. My internet randomly disconnects

9. My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet: My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. I've been looking for a solution for a few days to no avail. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since...
  10. Internet randomly dropping connection, on my PC only.

Internet randomly dropping connection, on my PC only.: All other devices on the network stay connected just fine so it is a problem with my PC in particular. So far I have tried updating the drivers for my network adaptor and disabling "Turn this off to lower power consumption" option within device manager. Neither of these...