Windows 10: My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried updating Fortnite on my PC through thr Epic Games launcher, and it would update for maybe 10 minutes, then my internet would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JON DEANDREA1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?

I recently tried updating Fortnite on my PC through thr Epic Games launcher, and it would update for maybe 10 minutes, then my internet would disconnect and crash the update. After searching around, a YouTube video told me it might br the Epic Games launcher itself, so I switched to a different launcher called Rare, but I’m still getting the same results as before. What do I do?My connection is wireless, and it only affects my PC, so I have to restart it to reconnect to WiFi, I can’t just go into settings and reconnect.Thanks!

:)

JON DEANDREA1, Feb 24, 2024

2. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2024
  3. ghcBuG Win User
    Internet disconnects frequently while playing steam games

Yes, I can confirm that both the computer which I am starting the game on, and another computer, gets a Ping Timeout.

What happens is, i start the game. As soon as i do anything that interferes with the internet (e.g. loading up the Servers list to join a game, or sometimes i even get into the game, but gets disconnected too quick for me to start playing)

ghcBuG, Feb 24, 2024
  4. thenewguy Win User

My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?

Internet keeps disconnecting

I did a reset to windows 8 few weeks ago and since than i had an issue that my internet keeps getting disconnected randomly everytime and all the rest of the computers i had were fine than my brother did a reset to his computer and he started having that issue aswell , i updated to windows 10 hoping it will get fixed by the update by the issue is still happening and my internet keeps going off and on
    how do i fix this issue ?

thenewguy, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?

1. My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - internet keeps disconnecting

2. How do i fix my computer keeps disconnecting to the internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my computer keeps disconnecting to the internet?: My computer isn't like this before but one time when i connect to the wifi it didn't work so i tried to trouble shoot it i tried to reset my network adapter but it's didn't work even network reset didn't help my problem. so i tried to factory reset my computer but still...
  3. How do i fix my computer keeps disconnecting to the internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my computer keeps disconnecting to the internet?: My computer isn't like this before but one time when i connect to the wifi it didn't work so i tried to trouble shoot it i tried to reset my network adapter but it's didn't work even network reset didn't help my problem. so i tried to factory reset my computer but still...
  4. My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet keeps disconnecting when downloading certain games. How do I fix this?: I recently tried updating Fortnite on my PC through thr Epic Games launcher, and it would update for maybe 10 minutes, then my internet would disconnect and crash the update. After searching around, a YouTube video told me it might br the Epic Games launcher itself, so I...
  5. Hi. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I play certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I play certain games.: So since I changed my wifi to another brand 1 month ago, my wifi disconnects when I play certain games. Here is the list of games that disconnect : genshin, risk of rain 2, muck, tunic, ghostrunner, journey, slime rancher 2 and more that I probably forgot.I have tried to get...
  6. Hi. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I play certain games.

Hi. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I play certain games.: So since I changed my wifi to another brand 1 month ago, my wifi disconnects when I play certain games. Here is the list of games that disconnect : genshin, risk of rain 2, muck, tunic, ghostrunner, journey, slime rancher 2 and more that I probably forgot.I have tried to get...
  7. Why does my internet keep disconnecting when I use certain programs? and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my internet keep disconnecting when I use certain programs? and how do I fix it?: Since Friday 11/11/22 I have been having issue with my laptop disconnecting to the Wifi. Whenever I open a program on my device, the Wifi disconnects and I'm usually not able to connect again until I close the program or press pause and wait a few minutes. When my device...
  8. Why does my internet keep disconnecting when I use certain programs? and how do I fix it?

Why does my internet keep disconnecting when I use certain programs? and how do I fix it?: Since Friday 11/11/22 I have been having issue with my laptop disconnecting to the Wifi. Whenever I open a program on my device, the Wifi disconnects and I'm usually not able to connect again until I close the program or press pause and wait a few minutes. When my device...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting when starting a download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when starting a download: My computer has been disconnecting from the internet whenever I try to download something lately. When I go to look in the wifi it says “no internet, secured”. I try using the troubleshooter and it tells me “The default gateway is not available: Fixed”. It fixes the problem...
  10. How do I fix frequent internet disconnects?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix frequent internet disconnects?: At first, I thought I was disconnecting due to joining a multiplayer Steam game, Terraria, however I shortly noticed that it wasn't due to the game, it's just due to the fact that my computer has some default function, or it's overwhelmed with cache, I am not entirely sure. I...