Windows 10: my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

Discus and support my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marion Guild, Oct 23, 2023.

1. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon

:)

Marion Guild, Oct 23, 2023

2. Change security to make Administrator logon available

How do I change security to make Administrator logon and other directories available?

Gary K. Brown, Oct 23, 2023
  3. Change the logon name on a Windows 10 limited user account, and the password on an administator account.

Setting up new Windows 10 computer, we got very confused with the logon user accounts. We have an Administrator account and a standard account, which I plan to use for most of my computing. The Administrator account uses my husband's Microsoft account while
    my logon uses my Microsoft account. I ended up with my first and last names on the logon screen. I'd like to do two things: change my logon name to my first name only and change the password on the Administrator account.

How can I do this?

GraceGorden, Oct 23, 2023
  4. Marites1 Win User

my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

Change the logon name on a Windows 10 limited user account, and the password on an administator account.

Setting up new Windows 10 computer, we got very confused with the logon user accounts. We have an Administrator account and a standard account, which I plan to use for most of my computing. The Administrator account uses my husband's Microsoft account while
    my logon uses my Microsoft account. I ended up with my first and last names on the logon screen. I'd like to do two things: change my logon name to my first name only and change the password on the Administrator account.

How can I do this?

Marites1, Oct 23, 2023
Thema:

my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

1. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon - Similar Threads - husband changed administrator

2. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  3. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  4. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  5. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  6. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My husband cannot sign into his windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My husband cannot sign into his windows account.: My husband cannot sign into his Windows account. I have tried everything recommended and still doesn't work. My last message from you said his account may have to be handled by you....
  8. cannot change administrative password.

cannot change administrative password.: In setting up a brand new computer, I did not set up an administrative password nor was prompted to add security questions. Now I want to change the admin pw, but don't know what it is. It is not my Microsoft account password. The "reset password" instructions don't work...
  9. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  10. Change security to make Administrator logon available

Change security to make Administrator logon available: How do I change security to make Administrator logon and other directories available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-security-to-make-administrator-logon/a6a57160-64a6-474c-8853-b2a3476bfc8d"