Windows 10: My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i...

Discus and support My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happend after i took a apart my computer to fix some issues with it. I play video games and watch videos for the most part so audio is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by josiahberan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i...

This happend after i took a apart my computer to fix some issues with it. I play video games and watch videos for the most part so audio is very important to me. thank you!

:)

josiahberan, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

Open Control Panel and select Sound.

When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.

Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.

If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.

If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.

If the Headphone gets listed,

Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.

Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Aug 28, 2020
  4. GOF1717 Win User

My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i...

Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

System

WIN 10 Pro

I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc.

I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback (by clicking on the speaker symbol on the desktop)

When I go into the device manager, I see the headphones, but they are listed as "Category Unknown". Windows doesn't know what to do with them

Under Bluetooth devices, they are listed under "Other Devices" PAIRED

When I run the Sound Troubleshooter, it says that the headphone jack is on the front of the computer (it thinks they are unplugged).

Bottom line: How do I get Win 10 to realize that bluetooth headphones should be listed as a playback/sound device?

GOF1717, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i...

1. My headphones do not play any sound and are not shown in playback devices, but when i... - Similar Threads - headphones play sound

2. Audio is shown to be playing as normal and green in Sound Playback but I cannot hear...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is shown to be playing as normal and green in Sound Playback but I cannot hear...: I have entirely reinstalled my drivers, gotten new drivers, enabled and disabled drivers and output devices, and nothing has worked at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-shown-to-be-playing-as-normal-and-green/3e18d345-ecd2-4595-8014-7d134cd276f6
  3. Audio is shown to be playing as normal and green in Sound Playback but I cannot hear...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is shown to be playing as normal and green in Sound Playback but I cannot hear...: I have entirely reinstalled my drivers, gotten new drivers, enabled and disabled drivers and output devices, and nothing has worked at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-shown-to-be-playing-as-normal-and-green/3e18d345-ecd2-4595-8014-7d134cd276f6
  4. Audio is shown to be playing as normal and green in Sound Playback but I cannot hear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  6. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  7. my sound doesn't work and playback devices doesnt detect my headphones

my sound doesn't work and playback devices doesnt detect my headphones: i was trying to fix my headphone so it can detect but now my speakers on my laptop doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-doesnt-work-and-playback-devices-doesnt/e34441a0-3888-4d0b-9b3e-ea665dd43296
  8. Amazon Echo Not Shown as a Playback Device

Amazon Echo Not Shown as a Playback Device: I've set up my new Amazon Echo through my Wi-Fi, so it shows as a connected audio device under "Bluetooth and other Devices". However when selecting playback devices, from the standard playback selection, from sound control panel with all devices shown, and from sound devices...
  9. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not showing up on my playback devices: None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some reason, my headphones wouldn't work unless I restarted the laptop. In addition, my playback devices only had one device:...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...