Windows 10: My GPU isnt operationg in games

Discus and support My GPU isnt operationg in games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer with a 4080 Super and yesterday I loaded up a game and checked the Geforce performace panel and it said my gpu utilization was 0%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brody MacNeil, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:52 PM.

1. My GPU isnt operationg in games

I have a computer with a 4080 Super and yesterday I loaded up a game and checked the Geforce performace panel and it said my gpu utilization was 0%. Since then I have been trouble shooting re-installing the drivers. Restarting the computer and even checking the connection of the GPU itself. I ran direct X to see if it detected a problem and when it loaded it did not even see my 4080 connected. In the display page for chip it says 'n/a' my games have been running off of the cpu and I am at a loss im not sure what more info to add.

:)

Brody MacNeil, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:52 PM
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. Why does my cpu and gpu keep spiking and dropping fps in games?

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Experiencing CPU and GPU spikes, along with FPS drops in games, can be frustrating. Here are some potential solutions to help you address these issues:

1. Update Drivers:
      • Regularly update your graphics and chipset drivers to the latest versions to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
    2. Close Background Processes:
      • Use Task Manager to close unnecessary background processes and applications that might be using system resources.
    3. Improve Cooling:
      • Clean your PC's fans and ensure proper airflow. Consider adding more fans or using a more aggressive cooling solution if necessary.
    4. Check for Malware:
      • Run a full system scan to check for malware that might be using system resources.
    5. Adjust Game Settings:
      • Lower the game's graphical settings to reduce the workload on your GPU and CPU. This can help maintain a more stable FPS.
    6. Test Hardware:
      • Test your GPU and other hardware components on another system to rule out hardware failure. If a component is faulty, consider replacing it.
    7. Enable Unified GPU Usage Monitoring:
      • If using MSI Afterburner, enable "unified GPU usage monitoring" to potentially fix usage spikes and stuttering.
    8. Check Internet Connection:
      • Ensure your internet connection is stable, especially for online games. A weak connection can cause FPS drops.

Please do let me know if the method I suggested works for you or if you need further assistance.

Munkhbayar B., Sep 20, 2024 at 7:18 PM
  4. Arun B J Win User

My GPU isnt operationg in games

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Thema:

My GPU isnt operationg in games

1. My GPU isnt operationg in games - Similar Threads - GPU isnt operationg

2. My GPU isnt operationg in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU isnt operationg in games: I have a computer with a 4080 Super and yesterday I loaded up a game and checked the Geforce performace panel and it said my gpu utilization was 0%. Since then I have been trouble shooting re-installing the drivers. Restarting the computer and even checking the connection of...
  3. my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gpu isnt being detected or used, please help!: So the way this started was one morning i turned on my computer and the monitors were black so i plugged my monitors into my motherboard and now my gpu isnt being detected or used, when i open device manager then display adapters it shows "IntelR HD Graphics 530" and i have a...
  4. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  5. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  6. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options: [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked. its preventing me from playing mc bedrock as hd 3000 isnt supported but GT 540m is. pls help. ive had this issue for months...
  8. My pc isnt reading the right GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc isnt reading the right GPU: Hello so my laptop ran into the bad system error config problem about a year ago, i got some help from a friend to get it working again yesterday and we managed to get it up and going by reinstalling windows 10 pro, but the games i play aren't running nicely such as league...
  9. Operationg system Windos 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operationg system Windos 10: Dear All, my operating system is very slow so what i can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operationg-system-windos-10/60d59571-d8b3-4611-a562-34b51f5be3c8
  10. Compatibility - old operationg system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility - old operationg system: I have an old software program on cd. It required Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows XP. My laptop has Windows 10 and I am looking for advice on how to get the program to work. I'm not sure of the steps to use the compatibility feature. Any advice would be...