Windows 10: My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

Discus and support My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; just refuses to open at all. gives me the spinning loading circle and then vanishes. tried gpedit, regedit, repair install of windows, redownload of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kailas3, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Kailas3 Win User

My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

just refuses to open at all. gives me the spinning loading circle and then vanishes. tried gpedit, regedit, repair install of windows, redownload of everything xbox, sfc scannow and some powershell commands which didnt even detect xbox as a program. spoke to actual xbox support on 2 separate occasions and they told me to come here instead. HELP ME

:)

Kailas3, Jul 22, 2024
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jul 22, 2024
  3. Xbox Game Bar refuses to open with shortcut (FIXED)

This started around a week ago, when I was (carelessly) messing with regkeys I had found on the internet. "This one trick helps improve FPS", but at the cost of my Game bar not working how it should. I have followed around 5 tutorials, start to finish, when searching "Xbox game bar shortcut not working" on YouTube. Nothing seems to work. And, on top of all this, "Enable Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites" refuses to stay on. When I turn it on, nothing happens, and if I so much as dare to click on something else, it has already turned itself off. I cannot open Game Bar, even if I change the shortcut to open it in settings. Xbox game bar works fine overall. It's just that I cannot, for the life of me, open the Game Bar. (using the shortcut)

PerhapsAverage, Jul 22, 2024
  4. My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

Shift w opens the Game Bar

Shift w opens the Game Bar and does not type a capital w. The shortcut is not listed in the gaming settings or keyboard settings, thus I can not delete or change the shortcut. Anyone have a solution or is this a bug in windows 11? Thank you.

Ellen Bingham, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

1. My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11 - Similar Threads - game bar refusing

2. My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11: just refuses to open at all. gives me the spinning loading circle and then vanishes. tried gpedit, regedit, repair install of windows, redownload of everything xbox, sfc scannow and some powershell commands which didnt even detect xbox as a program. spoke to actual xbox...
  3. Game Bar on Windows 11 wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar on Windows 11 wont open: I have gone through the Repair and reset phase multiple times. I have reinstalled windows 11. Game Bar is suspended in task manager no matter what i do it just stays suspended and i cannot open it. "This UWP Process group is suspending processes to improve system performance"...
  4. Game Bar on Windows 11 wont open

Game Bar on Windows 11 wont open: I have gone through the Repair and reset phase multiple times. I have reinstalled windows 11. Game Bar is suspended in task manager no matter what i do it just stays suspended and i cannot open it. "This UWP Process group is suspending processes to improve system performance"...
  5. Xbox Game Bar refuses to open with shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar refuses to open with shortcut: This started around a week ago, when I was carelessly messing with regkeys I had found on the internet. "This one trick helps improve FPS", but at the cost of my Game bar not working how it should. I have followed around 5 tutorials, start to finish, when searching "Xbox game...
  6. Xbox Game Bar refuses to open with shortcut

Xbox Game Bar refuses to open with shortcut: This started around a week ago, when I was carelessly messing with regkeys I had found on the internet. "This one trick helps improve FPS", but at the cost of my Game bar not working how it should. I have followed around 5 tutorials, start to finish, when searching "Xbox game...
  7. Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11: This is day 3 of me on windows 11 and I am still unable to open the Xbox game bar! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried to repair and reset the app and no results. I pressed win+G sooo many times and even tried to open it from the start menu but it doesn't want to...
  8. Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11

Unable to open Xbox Game bar on windows 11: This is day 3 of me on windows 11 and I am still unable to open the Xbox game bar! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried to repair and reset the app and no results. I pressed win+G sooo many times and even tried to open it from the start menu but it doesn't want to...
  9. Xbox Game Bar refuses to open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar refuses to open.: I don't know what's going on, but for whatever reason the Xbox Game Bar refuses to open anymore. It use to work just fine, I would use it all the time to play online and party up with friends. However at some point it just stopped opening. No idea why. I tried doing just...
  10. Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.: As I had the issue with the EXPLORER.exe class not registered, I had to re-build the windows 10, and that's when DIRT 3 and GRID refused to start in STEAM. I tried downloading all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and couple of .DLL files, ALSO. I did install OpenAL...