Windows 10: my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

Discus and support my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive, in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Washington1, Mar 11, 2024.

1. my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

:)

John Washington1, Mar 11, 2024
  2. StevenBN Win User

Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to restore these drives to appear in File Explorer?

StevenBN, Mar 11, 2024
  3. stevednmc Win User
    Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Mar 11, 2024
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 11, 2024
Thema:

1. my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive, - Similar Threads - file explorer damaged

2. can i add all of my C: drive files to my E: drive and remove my C: drive from my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i add all of my C: drive files to my E: drive and remove my C: drive from my computer?: my laptop, that has 30GB and 27 GB is taken from windows, can i then add every file from the C: drive to either my E: or my D: drive and then remove my C: drive from my computer, so i won't get nofications that my storage is full. even though ive changed everything to always...
  3. can i add all of my C: drive files to my E: drive and remove my C: drive from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i add all of my C: drive files to my E: drive and remove my C: drive from my computer?: my laptop, that has 30GB and 27 GB is taken from windows, can i then add every file from the C: drive to either my E: or my D: drive and then remove my C: drive from my computer, so i won't get nofications that my storage is full. even though ive changed everything to always...
  4. can i add all of my C: drive files to my E: drive and remove my C: drive from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?: My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first opens showing her work account. I change it back to my personal one but I came to wonder if anyone at her work can access/view...
  6. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?: My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first opens showing her work account. I change it back to my personal one but I came to wonder if anyone at her work can access/view...
  7. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,: my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-is-damaged-i-can-no-longer-access/d1e0c6c5-207f-441c-99fb-ec1533f80f79
  9. External Hard Drive not appearing in file explorer, how can I access my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive not appearing in file explorer, how can I access my files?: Hi!I’ve recently been using an external hard drive to put some files on. I left the drive on the side of my desk not plugged in for a few weeks. I have now gone to plug the drive back in and it hasn’t appeared in file explorer see photo attached. I’ve plugged it in to test on...
  10. External Hard Drive not appearing in file explorer, how can I access my files?

External Hard Drive not appearing in file explorer, how can I access my files?: Hi!I’ve recently been using an external hard drive to put some files on. I left the drive on the side of my desk not plugged in for a few weeks. I have now gone to plug the drive back in and it hasn’t appeared in file explorer see photo attached. I’ve plugged it in to test on...