Windows 10: My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

Discus and support My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive and it suddenly stop being detected by the laptop.Now this is the second time it happends the first time i turn on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GRia1, Jun 2, 2024.

1. GRia1 Win User

My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

I have an external hard drive and it suddenly stop being detected by the laptop.Now this is the second time it happends the first time i turn on my computer and connect the harddrive and it just didnt detect it anymore...I forgot about it since i try different things and nothing worked but today after like a month, i did a windows update and suddenly , i connected my harddrive just to check and it was there again.... Then 2 hours later it disappeared again...so important notes:- i updated the computer but didnt restart it so the update didnt complete before the harddrive was detected again- th

:)

GRia1, Jun 2, 2024
  2. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jun 2, 2024
  3. My Laptop’s USB Drivers are refusing to detect my External Hard Drive

So, I have been facing the issue of my laptop not detecting my external hard drive at all (not in File Explorer, Device Manager, Disk Management), but it works perfectly on another laptop that uses the same operating system (a.e. Windows 10 Home), which
    leads me to believe that my laptop is the source of the issue, yet, my usb ports work perfectly. It has suddenly recognized my external hard drive a few times, albeit only temporarily. I tried updating in device manager, with no good results.

is there a way for me to solve my laptop’s problem?

DendyFalls, Jun 2, 2024
  4. My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

External Hard Drive Stops

All USB ports of the laptop stops the External Hard Drive, even connected to any port it's the same.

The delay before it stops is about 30 seconds.

How to extend the delay before shutdown, or disable automatic shutdown ?

Letty toons, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

1. My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time... - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...: I have an external hard drive and it suddenly stop being detected by the laptop.Now this is the second time it happends the first time i turn on my computer and connect the harddrive and it just didnt detect it anymore...I forgot about it since i try different things and...
  3. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  4. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  5. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  6. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  7. Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?: I have an external hard drive, Seagate 2TB, it worked perfectly until after defragmenting it with the Windows tool for a bit and cancelling it safely, because I needed to shut down the PC, it no longer is recognized by the PC, it doesn't show up on device manager or disk...
  8. Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?

Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?: I have an external hard drive, Seagate 2TB, it worked perfectly until after defragmenting it with the Windows tool for a bit and cancelling it safely, because I needed to shut down the PC, it no longer is recognized by the PC, it doesn't show up on device manager or disk...
  9. My external hard drive is being detected but also not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external hard drive is being detected but also not.: So I’m trying to use an external hard drive and when I go into my file manager nothing shows up for it. I went into my settings to check if it was detecting a usb device and it was. submitted by /u/nicknugget2007 [link] [comments]...
  10. External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.: I disconnected the hard disk without safely ejecting it. Now that usb port doesn't detect the external hard drive. But it detects other usb devices. Also the external hard drive works with my other usb ports. Please help me to fix my usb port....