Windows 10: My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11

Discus and support My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to connect my laptop to a TV through HDMI. I do not know what I did but my screen turned black when I plugged in the cable but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Misheel M, Sep 20, 2024 at 9:32 PM.

1. Misheel M Win User

My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11

Hello, I was trying to connect my laptop to a TV through HDMI. I do not know what I did but my screen turned black when I plugged in the cable but it would not show on the TV. Also, I tried unplugging it and changing my display settings to duplicate, but then my duplicate screen settings option disappeared. I want it back where it was in the first place. Can anyone help me, please?

:)

2. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

3. Changing display setting from duplicated to extended

So I connected my Lenovo ideapad Y700 to my HTC Vive but wanted to change the display setting from duplicated to extended.(When changing display settings i need to click on keep changes before 13 seconds or the action will reset) However, when i click
    on extended the page disappears and i cant go back to it to confirm only when the 13 seconds are done and screen is back to duplicated.

4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Thema:

1. My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - duplicate screen settings

2. My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My duplicate screen settings disappeared from my display settings on Windows 11: Hello, I was trying to connect my laptop to a TV through HDMI. I do not know what I did but my screen turned black when I plugged in the cable but it would not show on the TV. Also, I tried unplugging it and changing my display settings to duplicate, but then my duplicate...
  3. Display Settings Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings Disappeared: Dear Friends, I have encountered some issues related display settings is missing. Usually, I can settings regarding my 1st and 2nd screen and it shows up in "Display" settings, but now it disappeared and i cannot set my extended for my laptop to my second monitor. Please...
  4. Display Settings Disappeared

Display Settings Disappeared: Dear Friends, I have encountered some issues related display settings is missing. Usually, I can settings regarding my 1st and 2nd screen and it shows up in "Display" settings, but now it disappeared and i cannot set my extended for my laptop to my second monitor. Please...
  5. Duplicate screen setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate screen setting: I often connect to a projector, in my job as a teacher. What I see on my laptop with Windows 11 needs to be duplicated on the projector. In the mornings, I select the duplicate screen setting but if I change apps, the screen doesn't reflect the changes I am making on my...
  6. Duplicate screen setting

Duplicate screen setting: I often connect to a projector, in my job as a teacher. What I see on my laptop with Windows 11 needs to be duplicated on the projector. In the mornings, I select the duplicate screen setting but if I change apps, the screen doesn't reflect the changes I am making on my...
  7. Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11

Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G1713QE with Windows 11. For about a year now I have been having an issue with bluetooth where it disappears from the quick settings, system settings, device manager, etc with Code 45 : reconnect the hardware device. I have fixed this issue by doing a...
  8. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.: I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA. The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI is going to a 4-way splitter that powers 3 additional displays. Somehow the setting changes itself from "duplicate" to...
  9. display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings: Hello and good day, I have a staff's surface pro that is used daily. Today when I tried to change the display settings, the display window loads up and immediately disappears. All I was trying to do for my staff is to change the multiple screen option. But we could not do...
  10. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.: Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the...