Windows 10: My display is complete gray and white

Discus and support My display is complete gray and white in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My young brother returned my laptop with gray screen We can't bring back the color. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josh Garcia4, Sep 8, 2024.

1. My display is complete gray and white

My young brother returned my laptop with gray screen We can't bring back the color. Help!

:)

Josh Garcia4, Sep 8, 2024
  2. DB_083 Win User

Changing color settings in Windows 10 from white to gray so Excel files open with a gray background

Thanks for the suggestion

This is not really solving the problem however.

All your procedure does is change the color of menu items to dark gray. But the excel page itself still remains bright white. I want the excel page to be gray color (or for that matter the Microsoft word page to be gray instead of white). Earlier versions
    of Windows allowed this, but I can't get it to work in Windows 10. Do you have a solution for how to do this?

DB_083, Sep 8, 2024
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My display is complete gray and white :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2024
  4. ziffel Win User

My display is complete gray and white

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

I restarted, unfortunately it didn't help the Cortana issue. Dark mode didn't fix it either. I did get a new clue though. If I mark something on the list as completed, the text appears.

My display is complete gray and white 187789d1525736890t-problem-few-menus-white-text-white-background-snag-0000.jpg

So it seems to be a font issue - as the completed item uses the strikethru font, which displays normally. I feel like the regular list is somehow set to a white font.

ziffel, Sep 8, 2024
Thema:

My display is complete gray and white

1. My display is complete gray and white - Similar Threads - display complete gray

2. My display is complete gray and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display is complete gray and white: My young brother returned my laptop with gray screen We can't bring back the color. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-is-complete-gray-and-white/7891dc8f-1a38-4509-a39c-2229ca256ea9
  3. Why is there white lines on my display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there white lines on my display?: In the beginning only a single line appeared at random times in my ASUS VIVOBOOK X509FA LAPTOP, also sometimes it was white and yellow, I thought it was some kind of glitch or something so i ignored itIm not a geek Now the lines has appeared on both sides of the screen and...
  4. Display gray scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  5. White display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White display: Ive restarted my laptop for the installation of the updates after when i tried to fireup it works good until the lock screen opens up and 10 seconds after that..then the screen stops responding and a displays white screen....can you help me to resolve this issue...
  6. darken gray print on display

darken gray print on display: How do I make gray print darker on my Windows 10 Dell laptop display screen...NOT printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darken-gray-print-on-display/f5927294-e455-49e6-9f90-56817a1066ba
  7. Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen: A few of our clients have been calling us saying that on Windows Explorer, Edge, and Outlook, there's sometimes a gray/white bar cutting off the bottom of the page. It doesn't extend into the task bar, and only shows up in full screen. The only fix I've found is by pressing...
  8. Monitor is Gray and white

Monitor is Gray and white: I am unable to change to a color on my monitor. I too have the 50 shades of gray issue. How can I get some color in my life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-gray-and-white/5a54556e-e9b0-44a9-972b-53eee7ec962d
  9. Video Display Zoomed in and gray

Video Display Zoomed in and gray: When I play a video from facebook or youtube sometimes the playback is as if the zoom in feature is at 500% depending on what video type is playing. How can I fix the video display to be proportional on screen instead of this zoomed in look....
  10. My display goes white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My display goes white: My display keepa going white out of bo bo wh ive changed drivers used old and new on my goi everthing is 100% up to date but also when i turn my display back on after wakeing the pc the scree. Doesn't get anything abs the pc then restarts...