Windows 10: My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.

Discus and support My desktop reverted to how it was years ago. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After updating my PC last night. I woke up to find my desktop, from 2015. It has the background I had back then, all the apps for the games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_You-Are_, Mar 19, 2021.

1. My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.

After updating my PC last night. I woke up to find my desktop, from 2015. It has the background I had back then, all the apps for the games and software (even those no longer installed on my machine) and I have been signed out of all my logins.

I read that this may be a profile issue, one of the fixes was to restart the computer 4 times but with no luck. Another solution would be to create another user and give it administrator and copy all the files from my old profile (which I can still see in C:/Users) and put them in the the new users directory.

What issues or things should I be concerned about when doing this or is there another fix?

submitted by /u/_You-Are_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_You-Are_, Mar 19, 2021
  2. PhilWard1 Win User

Compuuter reverts to desktop while working.

Since the latest windows 10 update my computer repeatedly reverts to desktop view while working. Can anyone suggest a simple fix that a 75 year old could follow? Thanks, Phil.

PhilWard1, Mar 20, 2021
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

My desktop reverted to how it was years ago. [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

My desktop reverted to how it was years ago. [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Gary38914 Win User

My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.

Revert back to previous versions

I installed Windows 10 1 week ago and need to revert to windows 8.1. I have tried both of your suggestion to revert and a) do not have a 'revert to windows 8.1' listing on my settings-restore page and b) when I restart the PC holding the shift key and
    select 'revert to previous build' I get a WDF Violation error and the system restarts Windows 10. There is a windows.old folder. I'm stuck, what can I do to restore Windows 8.1?

Gary38914, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.

1. My desktop reverted to how it was years ago. - Similar Threads - desktop reverted was

2. My computer restarted to a version 3 years ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer restarted to a version 3 years ago: My computer was accidentally shut down while it was in sleep mode by the power supply. I think it was turning on when the power switch was turned off then on again. When i turned it on it restarted to a version 3 years ago- the wallpaper, the apps, folders, files and...
  3. My computer restarted to a version 3 years ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarted to a version 3 years ago: My computer was accidentally shut down while it was in sleep mode by the power supply. I think it was turning on when the power switch was turned off then on again. When i turned it on it restarted to a version 3 years ago- the wallpaper, the apps, folders, files and...
  4. My computer restarted to a version 3 years ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?: Last night I switched off my pc and the next morning it wouldnt start up. I had to turn it on 3 times and each time there was something about BIOS i couldnt really understand. When I finally got my pc up and running my desktop was back how it was in november 2019. All my new...
  6. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?: Last night I switched off my pc and the next morning it wouldnt start up. I had to turn it on 3 times and each time there was something about BIOS i couldnt really understand. When I finally got my pc up and running my desktop was back how it was in november 2019. All my new...
  7. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

8. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  9. I want to use desktop dancer from years ago

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to use desktop dancer from years ago: Years ago i had a scooby doo dancer in a old version of windows. I cant find a way to install it for windows 10. Any idea? Thanks. I will not rest until scooby doo is on my desktop submitted by /u/sukmiPP [link] [comments]...
  10. Update restored to two years ago

Update restored to two years ago: There was an update when I turned on my laptop. It now has the homescreen from two years ago! My work is gone! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-restored-to-two-years-ago/499cc3c6-69eb-41c2-8a0e-07e0d1da48bc