Windows 10: my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

Discus and support my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by أحمد الجمال, Apr 5, 2023.

1. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly.

:)

أحمد الجمال, Apr 5, 2023
  2. CA2FL2010 Win User

windows scrambles desktop icons

This problem has been alive and well for at least 20 years and Microsoft can't fix it. Every version of Win I've used has had the problem. NOTHING works to keep icons from scrambling. Maybe the "fix" is there with DesktopOK, but it's not really a fix, it's a hack. I'm further convinced MS will never fix it based on the complaint herein that Win11 has the same problem. I was hoping my Win7Pro was the last version that still scrambled the desktop, but nope.

CA2FL2010, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 5, 2023
  4. trippap Win User

my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

windows scrambles desktop icons

As I noted in my previous question, automatic arrange is not checked, yet Windows continues to scramble my icons. Additional information: my screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 which is the recommended setting. I put my Recycle Bin icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen, and when my icons get scrambled it is moved to another location about 2/3 of the way to the right of the screen, indicating that maybe windows rearranged icons based on the assumption that I had another resolution. Any other ideas?

trippap, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

1. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other - Similar Threads - desktop icons are

2. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square: My icons on desktop windows 10 cover each other by invisible square, these are shortcutsAnd these are images, they also IDK why cover each othe with this "invisible square". I want to place icons very close to each other to but i can't because of this strange thing. I don't...
  3. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square: My icons on desktop windows 10 cover each other by invisible square, these are shortcutsAnd these are images, they also IDK why cover each othe with this "invisible square". I want to place icons very close to each other to but i can't because of this strange thing. I don't...
  4. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The icons on the desktop do not want to line up next to each other and below each other,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icons on the desktop do not want to line up next to each other and below each other,...: Hello, for some reason the icons do not want to line up next to each other and below each other, but there is space left between them. I did a clean install of Windows 11 and this is how it changed itself after some time. I've never had a problem with this, but I know of a...
  6. The icons on the desktop do not want to line up next to each other and below each other,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icons on the desktop do not want to line up next to each other and below each other,...: Hello, for some reason the icons do not want to line up next to each other and below each other, but there is space left between them. I did a clean install of Windows 11 and this is how it changed itself after some time. I've never had a problem with this, but I know of a...
  7. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  8. Icon overlapping each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon overlapping each other: My icons are overlapping each other. I tried turning "auto arrange icons" on and off, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-overlapping-each-other/2be0186f-ea0d-4f60-9319-945683a4b960
  9. Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet: I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my laptop (desktop was already on Win10). Before the upgrade, both PCs could see each other over my network, whether hardwired over Ethernet or over WiFi. After the upgrade, neither can see the other. Both have network discovery...
  10. DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help

in Windows 10 Support
    DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help: today i downloaded a mod for GTA san andreas, it needed microsoft.net framework v1.1 in order for it to work, hence i tried to download it, but just as i was installing it, a message popped up: this app has made a exception that cannot be handelled" i had to click OK and...