Windows 10: My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

Discus and support My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded to win 10 for free, I cannot find the win 10 files, can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ray Rowland, Aug 30, 2022.

1. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded to win 10 for free, I cannot find the win 10 files, can anyone help me get back to win 10. Thanks. Dell Inspiron 17R

:)

Ray Rowland, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Nelson Ng Win User

windows 7 8 or 10

If you want a stable and (power) user-friendly Windows, stick to Win 7.

Win 8 should never have been released (I bought a Win 8 Pro upgrade at about US$13 when I bought my laptop more than 2 years ago and haven't even used the purchased key yet!).

If you're into gaming, Win 10 is a must because of DirectX 12. Moreover, it's a free upgrade. Just turn off all the privacy switches if you're paranoid. Only thing is you can't turn off Windows Updates. As the free Win 10 upgrade is only guaranteed for a year (till Jul/Aug 2016), backup an image of your Win 7 system then upgrade to Win 8. Backup another image of this Win 8 system then restore your Win 7 image. Then you can continue using your Win 7 until you are ready to "upgrade" to Win 8 anytime even after the free upgrade period (by restoring your Win 8 image, provided you don't change your hardware significantly) ...

Nelson Ng, Aug 30, 2022
  3. Keith_O Win User
    Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Aug 30, 2022
  4. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

Why does HP and other retailers still sell win7/8.1 and upgrade to win10? what happens if the mb is replaced by warranty after 1 year?

actually, the new motherboard from warranty service replacement also has an OEM key.

this year alone, I am in the third year of warranty for a hp elite 8300, the motherboard was replaced. I had to perform an upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 for the 2nd time then perform a restore from image backup of my harddisk.

(

step 1: image harddisk containing win10 upgraded from win8)

step 2: install win 8

step 3: upgrade win 8 to win10, activate

step 4, restore harddisk from image

)

the point being, this procedure will no longer be applicable once the free upgrade period is expired.

ie: if a buy a hp/dell pc right now that only comes with win7/8.1, in the 2nd year of warranty, i no longer can upgrade from win7/win8.1 after the warranty replacement of a motherboard)

loupgarou24., Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

1. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded... - Similar Threads - dell laptop went

2. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10: Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until today when Microsoft upgraded the pc. After they restarted it, it opened up with windows 7 and won't accept my windows password....
  3. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10: Several 5-7years ago I bought a new Dell pc latitude 3550 with win7 and it was upgraded it to win 10. The pc has had no problems for 5 years until today when Microsoft upgraded the pc. After they restarted it, it opened up with windows 7 and won't accept my windows password....
  4. Several years ago I bought a Dell pc latitude 3550 and dell upgraded into win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded...: My dell laptop went into restore, back to win 8. I upgraded to 8.1. Years ago I upgraded to win 10 for free, I cannot find the win 10 files, can anyone help me get back to win 10. Thanks. Dell Inspiron 17R...
  6. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  7. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10: I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  8. original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version: I bought an ASUS notebook around 2013 - 2014 with build in windows 8 inside. few months after windows give an update to windows 8.1. I just follow the instruction and since the update, my windows recognized as not activated windows. Till now 2019 after update my windows to...
  9. upgrade Win 8 technet licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade Win 8 technet licenses: I have a bunch of Win 8.1 licenses from my technet subscription. Obviously, the subscription no long exists, but I find these licenses still work when I activate my machines. So my question is: how can I batch upgrade these licenses to Win 10 before it the free upgrade...
  10. can I go back to 8 or did upgrading to 10 kill my 8 key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I go back to 8 or did upgrading to 10 kill my 8 key?: also can I do it from my hard drive like with 10 or does 8 need something external I forget 78640