Windows 10: My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

Discus and support My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rango_111, Feb 5, 2023.

1. rango_111 Win User

My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work.

:)

rango_111, Feb 5, 2023

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 5, 2023
  3. DVD Player dont work in Windows 10

Hello Gilbbe,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with DVD player not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Step 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DMy D\ drive is not working and i dont know why? :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DMy D\ drive is not working and i dont know why? :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

1. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why? - Similar Threads - drive working dont

2. my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.: can somebody explain why my U key works as a enter? i cant write u key normally and when im writing something and im press u,then the message sends and i dont know what is the issue....
  3. my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.: can somebody explain why my U key works as a enter? i cant write u key normally and when im writing something and im press u,then the message sends and i dont know what is the issue....
  4. my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  6. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  7. I dont know why but..

I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  8. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  9. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work: I have windows 10 educational license. I dont get the spotlight option on lock screen settings but on the top of the look screen settings i get this notification " Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I dont know if this problem is related with...