Windows 10: My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

Discus and support My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dante Ferman Crank, Jul 20, 2023.

1. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help

:)

Dante Ferman Crank, Jul 20, 2023

2. Computer said “Locking” for a split second, turned off, and won’t turn on at all.

Hi, I have an HP Envy laptop from 2017 or 2018. I was playing a game with my friends and all of a sudden “Locking...” Flashed on the screen for a split second and the computer turned off, it wont turn back on at all!

this has never happened to me before on any other computer.

Tyler Oros, Jul 20, 2023
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Computer turns on for <1 second, turns off, repeats.

See THIS and try

rk3066, Jul 20, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

My computer turns on and back off in a split second!

it does that by itself or when you press the power button?

when you press the power button and you have a short circuit somewhere the psu will cut off power instantly

to "reset" the psu so it will turn on again, re-plug the atx mobo connector

W1zzard, Jul 20, 2023
Thema:

My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

1. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off - Similar Threads - computer screen turns

2. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off: My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help...
  3. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off: My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help...
  4. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  5. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  6. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...: I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I...
  8. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...: I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I...
  9. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  10. Computer said “Locking” for a split second, turned off, and won’t turn on at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer said “Locking” for a split second, turned off, and won’t turn on at all.: Hi, I have an HP Envy laptop from 2017 or 2018. I was playing a game with my friends and all of a sudden “Locking...” Flashed on the screen for a split second and the computer turned off, it wont turn back on at all! this has never happened to me before on any other...