Windows 10: My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

Discus and support My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a day ago, everytime I take a screenshotI use print screen if it matters my computer makes another folder for any new screenshots I take and they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Spaghetti_Giorno, Jul 25, 2024.

1. My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

So a day ago, everytime I take a screenshotI use print screen if it matters my computer makes another folder for any new screenshots I take and they're not saved in my default folder, almost as if it can't fit any more picssomewhere around 6k pics I tried restoring the location for the og folder but it's already in the default location. And there's no location tab for the duplicate for and it has the same location as the default one. I even tried naming the default folder the same as the duplicate, hoping they would merge, but they didn't. Need help on how to stop this. My pics get saved t

:)

Spaghetti_Giorno, Jul 25, 2024
  2. KeithM Win User

Duplicate Downloads folder keeps appearing

On a hunch, I just tested something and it worked (for me at least). If the target folder of your junction has a custom icon, setting the ReadOnly attribute for the junction will cause it to use the cusomized icon of its target.
    1. Open a PowerShell window to C:\users\user
    2. Copy & Paste the following command: ($DL = gi Downloads).Attributes = $DL.Attributes -bor [IO.FIleAttributes]::ReadOnly
    My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do? 356572d1641496573t-duplicate-downloads-folder-keeps-appearing-screenshot-1148-.png

KeithM, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 25, 2024
  4. My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

1. My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do? - Similar Threads - computer keeps making

2. My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?: So a day ago, everytime I take a screenshotI use print screen if it matters my computer makes another folder for any new screenshots I take and they're not saved in my default folder, almost as if it can't fit any more picssomewhere around 6k pics I tried restoring the...
  3. My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps making a duplicate folder for my screenshots, what do I do?: So a day ago, everytime I take a screenshotI use print screen if it matters my computer makes another folder for any new screenshots I take and they're not saved in my default folder, almost as if it can't fit any more picssomewhere around 6k pics I tried restoring the...
  4. My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?

My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?: My computer started freezing about a week ago and I’ll use the shift + F8 + power trick for a while, and it worked. Recently, I have been having more problems with start up and it has been taking longer when I got on yesterday, I hard reset my computer to see if that could...
  5. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer keeps switching location what do i do: my computer keeps switching location what do i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-location-what-do-i-do/0242684f-c75d-443c-b285-e84988fec85b
  6. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer keeps switching location what do i do: my computer keeps switching location what do i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-location-what-do-i-do/0242684f-c75d-443c-b285-e84988fec85b
  7. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

8. What can I do to make my computer better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can I do to make my computer better?: I have an old gaming computer and there are no parts around to get the actual computer up to modern standards. Is there anything I can connect to the computer to make it better? submitted by /u/t_maceroni [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?

How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?: until recently I could take a screenshot and it went directly into my Screenshot folder without having to paste it somewhere else and save it. How do I restore it to make it automatically go there again please?...
  10. How do I make a screenshot

How do I make a screenshot: I'm using Windows 10 Home pro, On a HP Compac Elite 8300 small form factor Desktop PC ... What is a easy to make a screenshot,,, can I do it without having to use the snipping tool... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...