Windows 10: My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

Discus and support My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XGN Loverboy42, Aug 5, 2023.

1. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like 20-30 mins into some games. I’ve checked everything ran multiple diagnostics and found no issues, anyone have any ideas?

:)

XGN Loverboy42, Aug 5, 2023
  2. RimorVV Win User

Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.

My computer freezes when I play certain games and these games aren't heavy on the CPU or the GPU. The temperature of both of them is always normal while I play these games as they aren't demanding at all. For example one of the games that the crashes occur on is The Escapists 2 which is not a game that would usually make a computer freeze and I know that my computer is at fault as these freezes very rarely but sometimes would occur without any reason or game. I have replaced my power supply which didn't help and I have performed scans through the command prompt and sometimes it would repair corrupted files but it would not fix my problem. I have also performed a lot of the actions that are recommended like updating my drivers and having all background programs closed however the freezing would still occur. I really want to fix this problem and I will cooperate with anyone that is willing to help. Thank you.

RimorVV, Aug 5, 2023
  3. Nitrome Win User
    Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

Hello

A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs.

Windows Version number : 1903
    When does it happen?
    • Playing youtube videos (takes a few minutes to freeze on average)
    • Starting certain games (freezes on startup)
    • Answering discord calls
    And i discover new sources all the time so i doubt this is a complete list.

What did i try so far?
    • Updating the drivers (didn't try to update the BIOS yet but reset it to default)
    • Sfc / chkdsk
    • OCCT (both CPU and GPU test, neither overheated/froze the computer)
    • memtest x86 (4 passes 6 hours, no errors)
    • Swapping GPU (RX-480)

By this point i was a bit lost so i tried using windows event viewer to no avail.

As a last attempt i tried to install windows on a new harddrive but the computer froze during installation.

I'm completely lost and don't know whether my hardware is failing or if it's some kind of software issue.

Nitrome, Aug 5, 2023
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 5, 2023
Thema:

My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

1. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games - Similar Threads - computer keeps freezing

2. My computer freezes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes while playing games.: Hello, everyone! I have this kind of problem, I don't know what to do anymore. My computer started freezing while I was playing games like CS2 and now it is on League of Legends. It slowly is becoming a bigger problem than it was before. I do not actually know what my error...
  3. My computer freezes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes while playing games.: Hello, everyone! I have this kind of problem, I don't know what to do anymore. My computer started freezing while I was playing games like CS2 and now it is on League of Legends. It slowly is becoming a bigger problem than it was before. I do not actually know what my error...
  4. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games: Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like 20-30 mins into some games. I’ve checked everything ran multiple diagnostics and found no issues, anyone have any ideas?...
  5. My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps freezing while playing certain games: Hello I am on windows 10 with a prebuilt gaming computer. I have a intel i7 9700 cpu, GeFORCE 3070 gpu, 16 Gb ram. And my computer keeps freezing like 20-30 mins into some games. I’ve checked everything ran multiple diagnostics and found no issues, anyone have any ideas?...
  6. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  7. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  8. Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.: My computer freezes when I play certain games and these games aren't heavy on the CPU or the GPU. The temperature of both of them is always normal while I play these games as they aren't demanding at all. For example one of the games that the crashes occur on is The Escapists...
  9. Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.

Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.: My computer freezes when I play certain games and these games aren't heavy on the CPU or the GPU. The temperature of both of them is always normal while I play these games as they aren't demanding at all. For example one of the games that the crashes occur on is The Escapists...
  10. Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.