Windows 10: My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

Discus and support My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just sent my computer in for repairs and it came back working but it was slow. One of the things that I updated on my computer was the RAM. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ava Randall, Oct 27, 2024 at 12:47 AM.

1. My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

I just sent my computer in for repairs and it came back working but it was slow. One of the things that I updated on my computer was the RAM. When booting everything back up and restoring my files it said it has no available space. I was trying to increase the amount of storage it was using. I’m not sure how it works but when I turned on maximum amount it automatically filled in 200 of the units. The number before was around 3000. I applied it without even realizing it. When I turned it back on it blue screened and had a configuration error. I went to the command prompt and followed a video to

:)

2. Arijit4M Win User

How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

Thanks for the solutions you have provided.

I have performed some troubleshooting steps to reduce RAM usage and so it has worked fine.

I have also used a feature called " efficiency mode" , that helps to reduce the memory usage and bandwidth usage of a specific tab in chrome.

Since I have 3300 tabs opened in chrome at this moment , the browser and my laptop r not lagging at all .

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Frequent Blue Screen error on computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly are you getting the Blue Screen error?

• What is the error message you receive?

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you and found that the error is caused by a Memory corruption.

I would suggest you to run a Windows Memory Diagnostic check on the computer to check test the memory installed on the computer. Refer the steps
    mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      mdsched and click on OK.

3. Click on
      Restart now and check for problems.

Also, if you are using two RAM sticks, I would suggest you to using one RAM stick and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

4. My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 27, 2024 at 1:07 AM
Thema:

My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

1. My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t... - Similar Threads - computer blue screening

2. My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...: I just sent my computer in for repairs and it came back working but it was slow. One of the things that I updated on my computer was the RAM. When booting everything back up and restoring my files it said it has no available space. I was trying to increase the amount of...
  3. My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is blue screening because I reduced the maximum ram usage by accident I don’t...: I just sent my computer in for repairs and it came back working but it was slow. One of the things that I updated on my computer was the RAM. When booting everything back up and restoring my files it said it has no available space. I was trying to increase the amount of...
  4. how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?: how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?On my laptop Compaq c700 intel celeron cpu 550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-my-computers-maximum-ram/cd77f273-4072-491c-bdd4-81ffabe727ee
  5. how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?: how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?On my laptop Compaq c700 intel celeron cpu 550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-my-computers-maximum-ram/cd77f273-4072-491c-bdd4-81ffabe727ee
  6. how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?: how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity? I ran wmic memphysical get capacity and it says only 4 gb, but i checked my motherboards specs online and it supports upto 32 gb of ram. I tried adding a new identical mem module in the other slot and my computer won't...
  7. how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?: how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity? I ran wmic memphysical get capacity and it says only 4 gb, but i checked my motherboards specs online and it supports upto 32 gb of ram. I tried adding a new identical mem module in the other slot and my computer won't...
  8. how can i increase my computers maximum ram capacity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  10. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?: Hi, so basically my computer either runs idle at around 55-65 percent of ram usage, or around 75% at other times. With no programs running it’s one or the other. I notice it’s usually the 75% whenever I run a resource heavy program and leave it idle for a long time, like an...