Windows 10: My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

Discus and support My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day. After the new update on 1903. I noticed that my computer stopped working normally. After I click shutdown. My computer, instead of shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IvanKo[##], Jun 20, 2019.

1. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

Good day. After the new update on 1903. I noticed that my computer stopped working normally. After I click shutdown. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. And only for the second time, he turns off.

Sorry to me my English I translate in online translator.

:)

IvanKo[##], Jun 20, 2019

2. Computer reboots instead of powering off

I have Windows 10, but when i turn off mi computer, instead to shut down, mi computer reboot.

MoisesGarcia_960, Jun 20, 2019
  3. LinoGatt Win User
    Computer refuses to shut down but instead reboots

Hello all

A new computer, with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 a week ago, runs an error frequently when attempting a shutdown. The computer does not switch off and instead reboots. The message on the blue screen prior to rebooting is that "the pc has run into a problem
    and needs to restart. We are gathering data and will restart it for you." This is done frequently. It does shut down sometimes but after a long time. The last sentence invites me to look up on the internet the message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you

Lino

LinoGatt, Jun 20, 2019
  4. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.)

Suggestions?

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1803 Build 17134.471

Dell XPS 9530

IAMOPERAFLUTE, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

1. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. - Similar Threads - computer instead shutting

2. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  3. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  4. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  5. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  8. Computer shuts down instead of restarting

Computer shuts down instead of restarting: Hello, I have been having this issue for a while now. I have reinstalled the pc, complete clean installation, changed disk, added memory... all to no avail. Wheneveer I want to restart, the laptop just shuts down. I am keeping up with all sorts of updates. I have a ASUS...
  9. My computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer restarts instead of shutting down: When I press the power key, or when I click on power>shut down, Windows 10 reboots instead every time. Is this a known fault and if so is there an easy fix for it? 61314
  10. Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots

Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots: I receive the general error code: 0xc0000017 I get other error comments: IQRL Not Less or Equal System Thread Exception not Handled PFN List Corrupt Boot mgr Image is Corrupt Memory Management Fault in Non-Paged Area Unexpected Store Exception Kmode Exception Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell 9365 reboots instead of shut down