Windows 10: My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

Discus and support My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has locked my out and needs the pin too be reset but the email i used too set up my computer is miss typed what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zach wilder, Jul 1, 2024 at 5:32 PM.

1. My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

My computer has locked my out and needs the pin too be reset but the email i used too set up my computer is miss typed what do i do?

:)

zach wilder, Jul 1, 2024 at 5:32 PM

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Jul 1, 2024 at 5:59 PM
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't Sign In using PIN though I have configured it

Hi,

We need to gather more data for us to know why you cannot use your PIN as your sign-in. Kindly answer these questions:

• When exactly did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To determine the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Click System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • How did you set up your PIN? Provide us the step by step process on how you did it.

If possible, kindly send us a picture of your sign in screen for us to further investigate your concern. Please take note that you will not be able to perform a screen on the sign in page so you need to use your smart phone to take a picture of the page.

In the mean time, kindly reset the PIN to see if you'll be able to use your new PIN when logging in to the computer. To reset the PIN, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click I forgot my PIN.
    • Click Continue.
    • Enter the password of your computer, and then set up a new PIN.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Check if you'll be able to use your new PIN to log in to the computer.

We hope to hear from you soon.

4. My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

No place to sign into Windows 10: No log-in lock screen PIN input field showing; locked out

Hi David,

To resolve the issue regarding locked out in Windows 10, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Open the “Settings” in Win menu and click on the “Account” icon to enter account settings.

• Choose “Sign-in option” and click “I forgot my PIN”, you can reset your PIN there. If it is a local account, please input the local account login password and then you can reset your PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jul 1, 2024 at 5:59 PM
Thema:

My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

1. My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set... - Similar Threads - computer has locked

2. I am locked out for too many attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am locked out for too many attempts: Somehow, Microsoft is using a username I have not used in 20 years, and now I am locked out.How....................... Can you please unlock me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-for-too-many-attempts/6c205bbe-e773-454b-9570-c457156653ac
  3. I am locked out for too many attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out for too many attempts: Somehow, Microsoft is using a username I have not used in 20 years, and now I am locked out.How....................... Can you please unlock me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-for-too-many-attempts/6c205bbe-e773-454b-9570-c457156653ac
  4. My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...: My computer has locked my out and needs the pin too be reset but the email i used too set up my computer is miss typed what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-locked-my-out-and-needs-rhe-pin/2e44c1ef-d750-43de-aa67-977652e71905
  5. My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer has locked my out and needs rhe pin too be reset but the email i used too set...: My computer has locked my out and needs the pin too be reset but the email i used too set up my computer is miss typed what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-locked-my-out-and-needs-rhe-pin/2e44c1ef-d750-43de-aa67-977652e71905
  6. Locked out too many times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out too many times: I am running Windwos 11 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3. My problem is that when logging into my laptop, if I mess up my pin ONCE, the error message "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep...
  7. Locked out too many times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out too many times: I am running Windwos 11 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3. My problem is that when logging into my laptop, if I mess up my pin ONCE, the error message "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep...
  8. Volume too loud on lowest setting on my computer

in Windows 10 News
    Volume too loud on lowest setting on my computer: [ATTACH]Usually, we have an idea of what the volume would be for a certain setting on the system. However, at times, the volume of the system is too loud even at the lowest setting. If you encounter this issue, then please read through this article for the resolutions. Volume...
  9. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT: I'm locked out of my laptop. I'm using windows-10. Is there a workaround? Ronald DeFoor 832-437-7801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-computer-password-locked-out/1d6324bb-14a6-4183-afaa-ec92cad0b93d
  10. My computer is too soow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is too soow: I have a computer that isn't even 3 years old, but is too slow. In the lockscreen when I press the spacebar or enter to go in the password screen it takes at least 2 minutes to do that in the blurred wallpaper. When I open the start it takes 20 seconds every time and...