Windows 10: My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

Discus and support My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Adrian Sawicki, Feb 12, 2024.

1. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you.

:)

Adrian Sawicki, Feb 12, 2024

2. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Xylee Del Win User

My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

Xylee Del, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

1. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker... - Similar Threads - computer has been

2. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...: I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. I never heard of this let alone set it up. The recovery keys associated with my Microsoft account do not work.Please help...
  3. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...: I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. I never heard of this let alone set it up. The recovery keys associated with my Microsoft account do not work.Please help...
  4. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  6. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  7. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  8. Bitlocker has locked me out

Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  9. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Bitlocker Randomly Enabled: Hi,On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no...
  10. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Randomly Enabled: Hi,On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no...