Windows 10: My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

Discus and support My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a brownout earlier in the day and I turned on my pc to see that for some reason it can't connect to my router. Every other device in the house is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Barry Johnson3, Jun 26, 2024.

1. My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

I had a brownout earlier in the day and I turned on my pc to see that for some reason it can't connect to my router. Every other device in the house is also working fine on my network, but my computer isn't showing any bluetooth or wifi options; it shows no networks and only the airplane mode option. I also manually pinged my network through the command prompt and it didn't receive anything. I checked device manager and now I see that for some reason, my pc isn't connecting to my Wi-Fi adapter or any of the bluetooth adapters either. I think that resetting the devices would work, but I can't e

:)

Barry Johnson3, Jun 26, 2024

2. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways. Its driving me nuts ! Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here. Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, Jun 26, 2024
  3. MisterEd Win User
    WiFi 5 adapter masquerading as a WiFi 6 adapter?

My tests were done about 11:45pm. In the middle of the day the speeds might have been about 40-60% those speeds. My router is in the next room less than ten feet away. If it was farther away the speeds probably would have been less. Also any kind of interference would have decreased the speed some also. Different testing methods can give different results. I suggest you use the same app as I do. I use Speedtest for Windows. For Windows 10 get it from the Microsoft Windows Store.
    My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it? 363662d1649077094t-wifi-5-adapter-mascerading-wifi-6-adapter-speedtest-app.jpg
    Also open the Device Manager to see what Wireless WiFi modes are available. For example, I have the modes: a/b/g/n/ac
    My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it? 363663d1649077094t-wifi-5-adapter-mascerading-wifi-6-adapter-wireless-adapter.jpg

MisterEd, Jun 26, 2024
  4. My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Jun 26, 2024
Thema:

My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

1. My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it? - Similar Threads - Computer reason can't

2. How do I "activate" wifi 6 on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I "activate" wifi 6 on my computer.: I am currently running a windows 10 computer. It's until now that I realize that my Wifi has been running on Wifi 5 instead of Wifi 6. I checked and both routers and Wifi adapter support Wifi 6 connection. I have been looking for a solution for hours but can't find anything....
  3. How do I "activate" wifi 6 on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I "activate" wifi 6 on my computer.: I am currently running a windows 10 computer. It's until now that I realize that my Wifi has been running on Wifi 5 instead of Wifi 6. I checked and both routers and Wifi adapter support Wifi 6 connection. I have been looking for a solution for hours but can't find anything....
  4. How do I "activate" wifi 6 on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?: I had a brownout earlier in the day and I turned on my pc to see that for some reason it can't connect to my router. Every other device in the house is also working fine on my network, but my computer isn't showing any bluetooth or wifi options; it shows no networks and only...
  6. My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?

My Computer for some reason can't connect to my WiFi 6 adapter. How do I reset it?: I had a brownout earlier in the day and I turned on my pc to see that for some reason it can't connect to my router. Every other device in the house is also working fine on my network, but my computer isn't showing any bluetooth or wifi options; it shows no networks and only...
  7. My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work: I was just watching youtube when all of then sudden the WiFi adapter and bluetooth won't work anymore I have tried about everything. Uninstall it and the re-install it.repair it through the command prompt as administrator.disable/enableand nothing works it still says that...
  8. My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work

My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work: I was just watching youtube when all of then sudden the WiFi adapter and bluetooth won't work anymore I have tried about everything. Uninstall it and the re-install it.repair it through the command prompt as administrator.disable/enableand nothing works it still says that...
  9. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  10. My computer can’t connect to some wifi

My computer can’t connect to some wifi: Sometimes my laptop works fine. In my apartment, for example, absolutely no issue. Then, I’m at a family friend’s house right now, and I can’t connect at all. It’ll say I have a connection, every once in a while a web page might load, but then it immediately drops. I’ve done...