Windows 10: My computer Bluescreens when I boot

Discus and support My computer Bluescreens when I boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have and old Samsung laptop that i use as a secondary pc. It worked normally up until about a week, when after an windows update, it started telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by snopy2008, Jan 29, 2023.

1. snopy2008 Win User

My computer Bluescreens when I boot

I have and old Samsung laptop that i use as a secondary pc. It worked normally up until about a week, when after an windows update, it started telling me windows has to be repaired and it could not repair it as it boots. I have gone into advanced options, troubleshoot, restore this pc, keep my files. It then asks me to log into an administrator account, even though non are listed. I have also tried uninstalling the last windows updates, again same problem. I also can not access cmd, again same problem. I have tried boot configuration and restore system. none of the two work, the first restar

:)

snopy2008, Jan 29, 2023

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 29, 2023
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 29, 2023
  4. My computer Bluescreens when I boot

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

My computer Bluescreens when I boot

1. My computer Bluescreens when I boot - Similar Threads - computer Bluescreens boot

2. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop.edit I currently have it booted into windows 7 and I think I can use it to modify the files...
  3. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop.edit I currently have it booted into windows 7 and I think I can use it to modify the files...
  4. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop....
  5. Why does my computer bluescreen when i try and update it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my computer bluescreen when i try and update it?: My windows 10 computer is telling me that i can update it but evey time i try it blue screens with a stop code 0xc000021a and after the blue screen goes away it trys automatic repair and after that fails it says its undoing changes and then it boots to windows. I've tried to...
  6. Why does my computer bluescreen when i try and update it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer bluescreen when i try and update it?: My windows 10 computer is telling me that i can update it but evey time i try it blue screens with a stop code 0xc000021a and after the blue screen goes away it trys automatic repair and after that fails it says its undoing changes and then it boots to windows. I've tried to...
  7. My computer Bluescreens when I boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer Bluescreens when I boot: I have and old Samsung laptop that i use as a secondary pc. It worked normally up until about a week, when after an windows update, it started telling me windows has to be repaired and it could not repair it as it boots. I have gone into advanced options, troubleshoot,...
  8. My computer Bluescreens when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Bluescreens when I boot: I have and old Samsung laptop that i use as a secondary pc. It worked normally up until about a week, when after an windows update, it started telling me windows has to be repaired and it could not repair it as it boots. I have gone into advanced options, troubleshoot,...
  9. Computer bluescreens when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer bluescreens when unplugged: Hey, im having an issue. my computer windows 10, i think its a model 15 bluescrens with the error code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED when its unplugged. i've looked this up a lot and i cant find an answer. it doesnt turn on and just grts stuck in and endless...
  10. When I do something, my computer is always bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I do something, my computer is always bluescreen.: When I want to play GTA V, Install Drivers, Download files or do similar things, Bluescreen always appears and the error code is: - 0xc0000221 -IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL -KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED -SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED -SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION -MEMORY...