Windows 10: My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

Discus and support My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Justin Izuu, Jun 27, 2024.

1. My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?

:)

Justin Izuu, Jun 27, 2024

2. My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?

My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?

Justin Izuu, Jun 27, 2024
  3. My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.

I had a zoom meeting 2 weeks ago and discovered that my windows camera had stopped working.

Since then, I have tried to troubleshoot the problem, reset, and repair the camera, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Each time I switch on the camera, the light comes on, but 2 lines are drawn across the camera icon as if the camera is off.

At one point, I got a message that the camera had been reserved for an app. I could not detect which app had done that so I could disable it.

I will appreciate whatever helpful suggestion to get it working again.

Adenike Oyalowo, Jun 27, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

How to use the Camera app - Microsoft Support

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

1. My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so... - Similar Threads - camera has been

2. My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...: My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?...
  3. My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so...: My camera has not been working for sometime now. The light keeps coming on and going off so no image is steady for the camera to capture. What do I do?...
  4. camera not working but light on camera is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working but light on camera is on: camera not working but light on camera is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-but-light-on-camera-is-on/0a597991-6a21-4fdb-832e-95df7f5bbfc5
  5. camera not working but light on camera is on

camera not working but light on camera is on: camera not working but light on camera is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-but-light-on-camera-is-on/0a597991-6a21-4fdb-832e-95df7f5bbfc5
  6. My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.: I had a zoom meeting 2 weeks ago and discovered that my windows camera had stopped working. Since then, I have tried to troubleshoot the problem, reset, and repair the camera, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.Each time I switch on the camera, the light...
  7. My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.

My window camera is not working although the camera light comes when the camera is turned on.: I had a zoom meeting 2 weeks ago and discovered that my windows camera had stopped working. Since then, I have tried to troubleshoot the problem, reset, and repair the camera, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.Each time I switch on the camera, the light...
  8. My camera light comes on but no image is visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera light comes on but no image is visible: I bought a new Dell Inspiron and am having trouble with my camera.On calls or using the app. the camera light comes on but I just get a black box where there should be the image.Tried trouble shooting but didn't help.No error message comes up.What could be the issue?Any help...
  9. My camera light comes on but no image is visible

My camera light comes on but no image is visible: I bought a new Dell Inspiron and am having trouble with my camera.On calls or using the app. the camera light comes on but I just get a black box where there should be the image.Tried trouble shooting but didn't help.No error message comes up.What could be the issue?Any help...
  10. Computer keeps coming on then going off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps coming on then going off: I have a lenovo ideapad 300 laptop it was all right one night then the next morning I turn it on and it said it was doing a start up repair that did not work then I got a blue screen saying that C:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I have looked and I have tried what...