Windows 10: My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices.

Discus and support My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't hear any voices, period. I listen to a youtube video, I can hear the music, even though it sounds like it's under water, but I can't hear any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenshin II, Jan 21, 2021.

1. My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices.

I can't hear any voices, period. I listen to a youtube video, I can hear the music, even though it sounds like it's under water, but I can't hear any voices whatsoever. I have updated my drivers, Reinstalled the drivers, reset my pc, nothing works.

:)

Kenshin II, Jan 21, 2021
  2. RileyW2k Win User

Headphones sound like they are underwater

About a month ago, Windows 10 installed while everyone sleeped. Noone wanted it, but it worked fine. Just recently, when I try to play a game, half the audio is correct. The rest sounds like its underwater, or the sound isn't there. When I try to watch
    a video, the music works but the audio sounds like its underwater. Nothing has changed (I believe). I have cleaned out the part where it plugs in, uninstalled audio devices, installed realtek, updating audio devices. I have tried multiple headphones, with
    the same result. The headphones work on my phone, so its something on the computer. P.S. I don't understand a lot of things people say to help on other posts, so try to be clear please

RileyW2k, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Headphones sound like they are underwater

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I request you to try the methods below.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 21, 2021
  4. RajithR Win User

My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices.

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices.

1. My audio sounds like it is underwater, and I can't hear ANY voices. - Similar Threads - audio sounds underwater

2. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  3. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  4. sound, when watching movies/shows/youtube i can hear background sounds but i can't hear voices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound, when watching movies/shows/youtube i can hear background sounds but i can't hear voices: I was watching a movie and in the middle of the movie i just heared background noices but i couldnt hear any voices. i tried to change my speakers and changed some settings but nothing worked. Can someone please help me....
  5. sound, when watching movies/shows/youtube i can hear background sounds but i can't hear voices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound, when watching movies/shows/youtube i can hear background sounds but i can't hear voices: I was watching a movie and in the middle of the movie i just heared background noices but i couldnt hear any voices. i tried to change my speakers and changed some settings but nothing worked. Can someone please help me....
  6. Audio: I barely hear voices, mostly ambient sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio: I barely hear voices, mostly ambient sound!: Hello!So yesterday I suddenly started to no longer hear voices in videos/music on Windows 10. They are very quiet and sound distroted/metallic. Ambient sound seems to be fine. I tried front and rear headphone jacks and used two different pairs of headphones, it's always the...
  7. My computer can't hear my voice...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer can't hear my voice...: Hello everyone, my windows 10 isn't responding to my voice. I tried speaking to my friends via messenger and they couldn't hear me... When I plug my headphones it can hear me but without em ut can't. Please help and thank you in advance! submitted by /u/AlbaBoyYT [link]...
  8. headphones sound underwater

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headphones sound underwater: Hey all, So my Tribit XFree Tune handsfree bluetooth headphones have started to sound like they are underwater. Google searching has made me think something is trying to use the internal microphone on the headphones, resulting in the sound being off. I've tried to shut off...
  9. Can't hear any sound from my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't hear any sound from my headset: I tried everything, updating the driver, even uninstalling it, check settings on the playback devices but I still can't hear anything, the headset is connected, the audio is at 100% volume. This happened when I installed a codec for microphones so I have this settings called...
  10. Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game: Hi, i am having a problem with my new laptop (dell insprion 15 7657). Now sure this is hardware or software issue, but in any game that i have tested: Rainbow six siege, foxhole, i can't just get my mate's voice chat. But the game's sound is still working perfectly. I also...