Windows 10: my account is locked

Discus and support my account is locked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my account is locked because of too many attempts to log in, I tried to reset it with another email and replace the password and it still locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shahar Golan1, Jul 23, 2024.

1. my account is locked

my account is locked because of too many attempts to log in, I tried to reset it with another email and replace the password and it still locked

:)

Shahar Golan1, Jul 23, 2024
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 23, 2024
  3. Try3 Win User
    Locked out of Win 10 account

Steve, All you need is a Windows 10 installation USB in order to use the procedure given in post #2. If you do not have one of them then you will need to take your computer to somebody who does. The procedure does not entail any use of the MSAccount reset / old mobile number / email reset. Denis

4. my account is locked

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

my account is locked

1. my account is locked - Similar Threads - account locked

2. Locked out of new account, microsoft demanded phone number, recovery email only caused...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of new account, microsoft demanded phone number, recovery email only caused...: it's 2024, I got a new laptop. It's windows 11. Lotta hoops just to set up. Instead of just a password and profile, a Microsoft account.But Microsoft doesn't let you make one without an existing recovery email.So in order to make a recovery email, you must find another...
  3. Locked out of new account, microsoft demanded phone number, recovery email only caused...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of new account, microsoft demanded phone number, recovery email only caused...: it's 2024, I got a new laptop. It's windows 11. Lotta hoops just to set up. Instead of just a password and profile, a Microsoft account.But Microsoft doesn't let you make one without an existing recovery email.So in order to make a recovery email, you must find another...
  4. How to cope with that Account is locked but can not be recovered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cope with that Account is locked but can not be recovered: my another microsoft account is locked because I input my password wrongly more than 3 times; my phone numbers used to sign up the account is not valid anymore so text verification does not work for me. How can I recover my account because I know the password now?...
  5. How to cope with that Account is locked but can not be recovered

How to cope with that Account is locked but can not be recovered: my another microsoft account is locked because I input my password wrongly more than 3 times; my phone numbers used to sign up the account is not valid anymore so text verification does not work for me. How can I recover my account because I know the password now?...
  6. my account is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account is locked: after the update arrived arrived couldn't log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-locked/851136dc-c971-4b35-9fe0-2c1b5174db53
  7. my account is locked

my account is locked: after the update arrived arrived couldn't log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-locked/851136dc-c971-4b35-9fe0-2c1b5174db53
  8. How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?: So I'm traveling with my sister and our house was just broken into..They only thing they stole of value was my sister's laptop, don't ask me how, but they have managed to log into her account, Yay!Now here's the issueThey have got into her Google account from her laptop, and...
  9. How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?

How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?: So I'm traveling with my sister and our house was just broken into..They only thing they stole of value was my sister's laptop, don't ask me how, but they have managed to log into her account, Yay!Now here's the issueThey have got into her Google account from her laptop, and...
  10. Windows 10 Account Locked by old email, now losing wages!

Windows 10 Account Locked by old email, now losing wages!: I am attempting to help a 60 year old who works from home get back into there Windows account. We have the password, but in a attempt to find the password we tried so many times it locked the account, we got into the account via safemode only after the account was locked. How...