Windows 10: My account has been frozen

Discus and support My account has been frozen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently was logged out of my OneDrive account on my PC because I had been over the storage limit for quite some time. I tried to log into my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edas lasas, Jul 7, 2024.

1. My account has been frozen

I recently was logged out of my OneDrive account on my PC because I had been over the storage limit for quite some time. I tried to log into my account from OneDrive website but as soon as I logged in to it it showed an error message that said that my account has been frozen and that I need to free up my storage. That's what I did I cleared out my storage and now it sits on 1% but the error message wont go away and my account won't go back to being not frozen. I tried to reach help from Microsoft support but I couldn't find any because they don't allow you to speak directly with Microsoft tech

:)

edas lasas, Jul 7, 2024
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 7, 2024
  3. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jul 7, 2024
  4. My account has been frozen

Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

My account has been frozen

1. My account has been frozen - Similar Threads - account has been

2. My laptop is telling me it’s been infected and microsoft has frozen my account and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is telling me it’s been infected and microsoft has frozen my account and is...: My laptop is telling me that my computer has been locked up and i should call 1-844-200-3329. Is this a spam phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-telling-me-its-been-infected-and/d96859eb-8e53-48cb-9e13-c9073606b4a3
  3. My laptop is telling me it’s been infected and microsoft has frozen my account and is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is telling me it’s been infected and microsoft has frozen my account and is...: My laptop is telling me that my computer has been locked up and i should call 1-844-200-3329. Is this a spam phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-telling-me-its-been-infected-and/d96859eb-8e53-48cb-9e13-c9073606b4a3
  4. My laptop is telling me it’s been infected and microsoft has frozen my account and is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My account has been frozen

My account has been frozen: I recently was logged out of my OneDrive account on my PC because I had been over the storage limit for quite some time. I tried to log into my account from OneDrive website but as soon as I logged in to it it showed an error message that said that my account has been frozen...
  6. My account has been charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been charged: Split from this thread. I have a charge on my bank account but I don't have a microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-has-been-charged/ccf2fc32-7800-4fab-98dc-bfd89a4acf9b
  7. My account has been hacked

My account has been hacked: My account was hacked and I don't have access to it only through the microsoft store but I know the email of the account which is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** this is not my email, but when I put it to try to login it appears that the account does not...
  8. My account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been hacked: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***i don't live in Ireland and never been. When i search for microsoft help it always gives me info for Ireland. Now i just found out my live in girlfriend is tryna have me killed and has been using microsoft Azure to control my...
  9. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My...
  10. Has my account been hacked?

Has my account been hacked?: Hello, I deleted all my emails via "delete all" in the junk mail and these all reappeared in my in folder. I then deleted them again and they again reappeared in the In Folder. I think my FB account had been recently hacked and my email address was available there. Is this...