Windows 10: Multiple files opening when switching

Discus and support Multiple files opening when switching in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am encountering an issue where multiple windows of the same file opening when switching between the browser chrome below on the task bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alex0000001, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Multiple files opening when switching

Hello,I am encountering an issue where multiple windows of the same file opening when switching between the browser chrome below on the task bar. Attempts to minimize it will also open more windows of the same file. Unfortunately there were no screen shots made. Thank you for your assistance.

:)

Alex0000001, Feb 10, 2022
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 10, 2022
  3. xypha Win User
    Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Multiple files opening when switching AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Feb 10, 2022
  4. jaydeee Win User

Multiple files opening when switching

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Multiple files opening when switching :)

jaydeee, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

Multiple files opening when switching

1. Multiple files opening when switching - Similar Threads - Multiple files opening

2. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  3. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  4. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...
  5. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...
  6. Multiple files opening when switching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple files opening when switching: Hello,I am encountering an issue where multiple windows of the same file opening when switching between the browser chrome below on the task bar. Attempts to minimize it will also open more windows of the same file. Unfortunately there were no screen shots made. Thank you for...
  7. Multiple files opening when switching

Multiple files opening when switching: Hello,I am encountering an issue where multiple windows of the same file opening when switching between the browser chrome below on the task bar. Attempts to minimize it will also open more windows of the same file. Unfortunately there were no screen shots made. Thank you for...
  8. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....
  9. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows: I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in...
  10. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...