Windows 10: MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

Discus and support MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, first I need to apologize for for submitting this here, because this is more of a feedback/request rather than a question, i don't know where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Merlyn Myne, Nov 27, 2023.

1. MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

Hi, first I need to apologize for for submitting this here, because this is more of a feedback/request rather than a question, i don't know where exactly to post my feedback so I posted this here, I would appreciate it if someone could forward this suggestion to the feedback regarding MSN news.I've noticed some commentators posting false/inaccurate information, can MSN do something like what twitter/x platform is doing, by adding indicators to false comments, with the indicators explaining the accurate information right below the false statements or with it, for instance I've seen an individua

:)

Merlyn Myne, Nov 27, 2023

2. Problem with comments on MSN news.

Sorry but you aren't communicating with MSN here. No one here can tell you why a post was rejected.

Here's my canned response on moderation. Please see, in particular, point 4.

I can't explain the moderation of comments to MSN articles, but here are some observations.

1. You may find useful information at Microsoft News

2. There were so many unacceptable comments that commenting was shut down for a few

months not too long ago.

3. Now that commenting is allowed again, moderation is very restrictive.

4. Moderation is a dysfunctional mess. It's being done via AI, via a bot, not humans and is

random and inexplicable.

5. If a comment you tried to post was banned, that will be in your activity feed, and you

can appeal that decision.

6. I've searched but have not found a way to contact MSN staff regarding this moderation

except the Feedback link that's at the bottom of nearly every MSN webpage. If you receive

a reply to the feedback, it will be a generic reply that doesn't address your specific issue.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 27, 2023
  3. RVer88 Win User
    Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, Nov 27, 2023
  4. LuizScruz Win User

MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

COMMENTS on MSN Homepage

Hello Old_hand, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

What help do you need regarding the Comments button on the MSN home page?

Are you referring to the Comments button at the bottom of the MSN website?

See you soon!

LuizScruz, Nov 27, 2023
Thema:

MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

1. MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments - Similar Threads - MSN news comments

2. I was blocked from MSN News comments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was blocked from MSN News comments.: I was blocked from MSN News comments. I was never warned about any of my posts. In fact, I was upvoted constantly and my comments were usually meant to ask others to investigate what they were saying. I never threatened anyone, never used foul language. I have no idea why I...
  3. I was blocked from MSN News comments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was blocked from MSN News comments.: I was blocked from MSN News comments. I was never warned about any of my posts. In fact, I was upvoted constantly and my comments were usually meant to ask others to investigate what they were saying. I never threatened anyone, never used foul language. I have no idea why I...
  4. Comments and replies on MSN news page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comments and replies on MSN news page: On MSN news it was a article about Ukraine-Russia war. In the comment section one of the user asked another user where he found info about Ukrainians right sector units with Nazis symbols. I just replead with name of the news agencies such is NY Times, Washington Post, CNN...
  5. Comments and replies on MSN news page

Comments and replies on MSN news page: On MSN news it was a article about Ukraine-Russia war. In the comment section one of the user asked another user where he found info about Ukrainians right sector units with Nazis symbols. I just replead with name of the news agencies such is NY Times, Washington Post, CNN...
  6. MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments: Hi, first I need to apologize for for submitting this here, because this is more of a feedback/request rather than a question, i don't know where exactly to post my feedback so I posted this here, I would appreciate it if someone could forward this suggestion to the feedback...
  7. Problem with comments on MSN news.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  8. Problem with comments on MSN news.

Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  9. MSN News comment reactions count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN News comment reactions count: What is included in the count of Reactions on the user profile? The number keeps tracking upwards while the activity page does not reflect where those reactions came from. What counts as a reaction, then? If a commenter responds to an original post, are they also garnering...
  10. MSN News comment reactions count

MSN News comment reactions count: What is included in the count of Reactions on the user profile? The number keeps tracking upwards while the activity page does not reflect where those reactions came from. What counts as a reaction, then? If a commenter responds to an original post, are they also garnering...