Windows 10: msi installer eror 2755

Discus and support msi installer eror 2755 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am encountering an issue with the MSI Installer and receiving an error message: "Error 2755." I am reaching out for assistance and guidance on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by go golo, Jul 6, 2023.

1. go golo Win User

msi installer eror 2755

Hello, I am encountering an issue with the MSI Installer and receiving an error message: "Error 2755." I am reaching out for assistance and guidance on resolving this problem. I am trying to install/upgrade a software package using the MSI Installer, but I keep encountering this error. It appears that the installer is having trouble accessing or reading the necessary files during the installation process. I have already tried a few troubleshooting steps, including running the installer with administrator privileges, disabling anti-virus software temporarily, and ensuring that the Windows In

:)

go golo, Jul 6, 2023

2. MSI Installer Error code 2755

I only have the default antivirus protector, and even disabling that I still run into error code 2755.

I have more than 50% of my disk C: available at the moment.

I tried running the MSI in a temp folder outside the downloads folder, but still the same error.

I looked through Event viewer to see if I could get any more info on the errors right here:

Product: blender -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755. The arguments are: 1632, C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\blender-3.5.1-windows-x64.msi,

Patrick Nan, Jul 6, 2023
  3. MSI Installer Error code 2755

Hi Igor,

I made sure to download the installer from reputable sources like Blender, but even then I still receive the error code 2755.

I've made sure that I am running the installation as the administrator. Would I need to reset my computer entirely from scratch if I cannot find a solution?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Patrick Nan, Jul 6, 2023
  4. olit2000 Win User

msi installer eror 2755

msi package cannot be installed

When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
    This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755." when I hit the "install" button.

I have captured the most verbose log I could get and posted it here:
    https://pastebin.com/PZSRQgwy

It seems that the installer is unable to read the msi file.

What I have already tried:

• rebooting
    • re-registering msiexec with msiexec /unreg and msiexec /regserv
    • sfc /scannow
    • this troubleshooter: MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab
    • give everyone full r/w permission to the msi file and parent folder

I run win 10 home build 1809 with all available updates

my av is avast

I have no clue what could have coused this error because a month ago it did work

olit2000, Jul 6, 2023
Thema:

msi installer eror 2755

1. msi installer eror 2755 - Similar Threads - msi installer eror

2. app instaling eror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app instaling eror: i can not install apps on my windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-instaling-eror/66d861bf-77d6-4064-a367-e4506faf8093
  3. app instaling eror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app instaling eror: i can not install apps on my windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-instaling-eror/66d861bf-77d6-4064-a367-e4506faf8093
  4. EROR when instaling some msi packages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EROR when instaling some msi packages: I was trying to install an MSI program, but it stops at creating shortcuts, and after some time, I get an error message like in the image below. Then I looked at the registry key for what it was trying to do, and I found it was trying to install to startup. How can I fix...
  5. EROR when instaling some msi packages

EROR when instaling some msi packages: I was trying to install an MSI program, but it stops at creating shortcuts, and after some time, I get an error message like in the image below. Then I looked at the registry key for what it was trying to do, and I found it was trying to install to startup. How can I fix...
  6. EROR when instaling some msi packages

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. msi installer eror 2755

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msi installer eror 2755: Hello, I am encountering an issue with the MSI Installer and receiving an error message: "Error 2755." I am reaching out for assistance and guidance on resolving this problem. I am trying to install/upgrade a software package using the MSI Installer, but I keep encountering...
  8. MSI Installer Error code 2755

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Installer Error code 2755: When I'm trying to install a program, I recently have been getting: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2755."I've updated my windows 10, drivers and have been...
  9. MSI Installer Error code 2755

MSI Installer Error code 2755: When I'm trying to install a program, I recently have been getting: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2755."I've updated my windows 10, drivers and have been...
  10. MSI Installer Error code 2755

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade