Windows 10: msedge tries to make suspicious connection

Discus and support msedge tries to make suspicious connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MALLJ, Nov 13, 2023.

1. MALLJ Win User

msedge tries to make suspicious connection

My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I disable or delete msedge.exe on my Win 11 PC? I never use it.TIA

:)

MALLJ, Nov 13, 2023
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Nov 13, 2023
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Nov 13, 2023
  4. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

XBL client/server ipSec issuing CA (suspicious?)

Hello Steve,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• What antivirus software are you using?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 13, 2023
Thema:

msedge tries to make suspicious connection

1. msedge tries to make suspicious connection - Similar Threads - msedge tries suspicious

2. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: Any advice on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-installutilexe-from-trying-to-make/914e5242-80d6-47b2-9f49-b9a8196aa477
  3. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: Any advice on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-installutilexe-from-trying-to-make/914e5242-80d6-47b2-9f49-b9a8196aa477
  4. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

msedge tries to make suspicious connection: My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I disable or delete msedge.exe on my Win 11 PC? I never use it.TIA...
  5. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msedge tries to make suspicious connection: My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I disable or delete msedge.exe on my Win 11 PC? I never use it.TIA...
  6. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  7. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  8. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...
  10. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...