Windows 10: Moving user profile to another drive

Discus and support Moving user profile to another drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rick_mack, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Rick_mack Win User

Moving user profile to another drive

Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD slot. Get a 256GB microSD card, put it in an redirect things to free up disk space.It turned out to be more interesting than I thought it would be. After all, redirecting a profile can't be that hard can it. That turned out to be slightly naive. I thought I might as well write it up.There are a few problems:1. When you put i

:)

Rick_mack, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Moving user profile to another drive

1. Moving user profile to another drive - Similar Threads - Moving user profile

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Moving user profile folders to another drive

Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  5. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  8. Moving user profile to another drive

Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  9. Move user profile folders to another drive

Move user profile folders to another drive: I've seen some stuff on here about how to move folders IN a user profile to another drive. I need the entire profile to be on another drive. I bought an OEM Dell machine that came with a 256GB system drive and a 1TB data drive. Great. As far as it goes. Moving just...
  10. Move user profiles to another drive to free up space

Move user profiles to another drive to free up space: Can someone please tell me how i move all the user profiles on my pc we have 3 from my c: almost full where windows in installed to my d: which is almost empty - main concern is getting one drive to move locations with the profiles?? anybody know what i need to do?? many...