Windows 10: Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

Discus and support Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by asd124adsd, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new PC.But no matter what I do, I get error messages. For example: "0x803fa067". Or I get "0xC004F050 The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid" when I try to activate through Command Prompt.When I try to use troubleshooter it shows me my old PC, but " Unsupported version These devices were registere

:)

asd124adsd, Mar 13, 2023

2. Migrating from one Win10 pc to a new Win10 pc

My old pc is 7 years old and I want to buy a new one. What is the best way to move my old pc's files, system setup, programs to a new pc. If I do a backup of the old one and then recovery to the new one, will that work? Just looking for a simple hardware
    upgrade without the headache of reinstalling everything and physically moving all of my existing documents to the new one. The old pc has Win10 running on it.

thanks,

Steve

SteveK1124, Mar 13, 2023
  3. A_Isz Win User
    Is it alright to plug old HDD with Win10 installed into a new dektop with Win11 installed as additional storage? Is there any specific steps?

I have a new PC with Win11 installed. I want to put my old HDD which has Win10 installed from my old PC, into the new PC as an additional storage. Will there be a problem if I just plug it like that?

A_Isz, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

Moving my Retail Win10 to a new PC

Hi all,

I have a retail version of Win10 on my current 10-year old PC and have located the partial product key and other details found via the command prompt. I'm ordering a new custom PC and obviously want to transfer my Win10 across. After a quick online search, the deactivation process seems very straightforward. However, I'm a little uncertain about the steps for reactivation on the new PC, which will NOT have an OS when purchased.

Is it enough that I have the details above, or do I also need Win10 saved to a USB (the new PC won't have a CD/DVD/Optical drive)? If so, how do I get this onto the USB and how do I install onto the new PC? Assume this is via BIOS or something similar but have zero experience with this.

Would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Cheers!

ClosetGamer23, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

1. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11 - Similar Threads - Moving old Win10

2. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  3. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  4. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  5. SSD Moved from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  6. Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW: Hiya, I have a new PC and want all the additional fonts I added to my old PC. How does one... do that? https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ter-to-another That article provides a method. But it implies you must pick and choose which you want to move. I want to skip that...
  7. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc: Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new one, what kind of magic should I do in order to make Windows 10 work on the new set up? I hope I explained it decently....
  8. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  9. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    moving windows license from old pc to new pc: Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success, How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that...
  10. Moving win10 from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...